Favorite quotes Thread

Like the title says… I’ll start :slightly_smiling_face:

“Well, I’m sorry, Wendy. But I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die.”

• Mr. Garrison

Good thread idea.

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
—Douglas Adams

“life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself”
-Unknown

“Everything turns out all right in the end…
If everything isn’t all right… it must not be the end.”

• Larry Dube (Rest In Peace)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.”
Charles de Gaulle

“ Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong.”
H.L. Mencken

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
H.L. Mencken

Ooooh… what year was that quote? He was definately tapped in to the ether.

He wrote this in 1920.

“If you’re dead, it doesn’t mean you’re not dead.”

Aha! Warren G. Harding… America’s worst president… until now!

Thank you for sharing … that was a zinger!

He is a modest man with much to be modest about.
Churchill on Attlee

He leaves a much needed gap.

“Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated”

“I Know Words, I Have The Best Words…”

Donald J. Trump

“If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery–isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.”

― Charles Bukowski, Factotum

For the past couple years I’ve had a copy of “The Last Night of the Earth Poems” on my desk. Bukowski is legend… my favorite. That’s a great quote.

“Bluebird” is the most profound piece of poetry I’ve ever read.

Yea, I’m a pretty big fan. I’ve not read the Last Night of the Earth Poems, I like a mix of his early and middle work as far as poetry goes. Like Mockingbird Wish Me Luck and The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses are just brilliant. Of course the standard novels Women and Factotum. For whatever reason I’d not read some of his later novels, but Hollywood was really great, just read it this summer–really cool perspective change, the main character isn’t the drunk with his life falling apart–that is everyone else. Chinanski’s easy coolness in that novel is written so well, almost as if whatever happens to the film doesn’t matter. Pretty good shit.

“the only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing” - socrates

“a drunken mind speaks a sober tongue”