It is my pleasure to host BB97. The robots are taking over, and it is your duty to sequence them back to the future from whence they came, using any and all tools your DAW can provide along with the samples included.
THE SAMPLE (AMMO) PACK:
- A pack of 5 different energy weapon leads I hand recorded. They have mostly the same melodic patterning although recorded different with various voices and modular effects.
- 15 FX blasters of various glitch, robotic, and computer-based samples. These scare the robots, use them wisely.
- 7 Amen demolitionist break loops. Amen breaks have been used for generations to destroy the androids.
- Must use at least one of the lead melodies. It doesn’t matter how, reversed, stretched, shifted, cut, however. Get creative and you might survive.
- Must use at least one Amen break somewhere in the song, even if it’s for a bridge or chorus, the rest can be as experimental as you want. These hit their weak points.
- Use as many of the robotic samples as you like, as long as some are present in the piece. It’s good to know your enemy.
The drums, bass, and any other melodies you wish to add are at your sole discretion, so long as there is one of the leads and one amen break. Aim for something with a robotic scare, otherwise the invaders might taze you.
The winner survives the robot apocalypse. Enjoy!
**Submissions are due April 21, 2019**