BB125 - Musical Journey

Hello there!

For this edition of BB I came up with something that I thought might be a little bit challenging and also fun to make. So hear me out.
You are to make a track that encompasses and reflects your musical journey starting from your discovery of electronic music to the music and works you’re into nowadays; your creative evolution if you will. This is of course in terms of styles and genres of music.

EDIT:

The rules are:

1- The track must contain at least 2 sections: each representing a style/genre that influenced your production, in chronological order;
2- Transitions between the different parts of the track must be seamless and coherent, meaning they must hold the track as a whole;
3- You may use some of your old productions that went nowhere, and implement it to fit the theme of this BB.

The Sample Pack:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3t2n76gffnan0bp/Samples.zip/file

PS : You have full creative choice over the use of this sample pack, you can chose not to use it at all or use just a few elements.

New Due Date: March the 7th - 23:00 UTC

Let the battling begin!

Beat Battle General Rules:

Beat Battles take place over the course of two weeks. The first ten days users will have to arrange, upload, and post their track to this forum. After this, the next three days users cast their votes for their favorite track. At the end of this, the winner will be announced, and they will then become the next Beat Battle host, and will have one day to construct a battle pack and begin the next Beat Battle.

Unless otherwise stated, the only sample/audio sources you may use for your song must come from the battle pack.

In the event of a tie, the battle host will decide the winner

**** in the event of winning the battle, the winner of the beat battle will be asked to make their track available for archive and also to hold onto to the project file of said “winning” track for in the event that it is to be considered for a best of the beat battles release ****

Subs go here! (fingers crossed)

Poll goes here!

Hey, love this theme, not sure if i’ll have much bandwidth to pull something together but I’ll give it a try.

If time allows, I’m gonna try to dig through some old harddrives to see if I can find any of my middle-school garage band recordings to use as additional sources …

I’d love to hear what you’ll come up with. deadline might be flexible if that’s going to keep you and others from making something, we’ll have to make that decision collectively though.

Alright let’s see some action people, it’s only one day left.

Well, this is getting rather awkward! I guess someone from the admins needs to get in on this and decide what to do cuz I sure have no clue. @relic

We aren’t really in charge of the Beat Battles. @IO_Madness was kind of in charge I think? If you just want our opinion on what to do I can take it to the backroom. My immediate advice is trying to contact IO and probably just come up with a new theme and try again or extend the deadline.

Hey @L0rdAuch, I would support extending the deadline, maybe by 1-2 weeks?

Like I said in my prior post, I do really like this theme, but have been focussing on trying to wrap up my QAWM tracks (the struggle is real).

Might be worth tagging all the people that submitted to the last two beat battles as well.

Thanks for the suggestions @relic, I also lean towards @Faintbrush idea which is extending the deadline by like a week initially, then further if needs be, and also give full creative choice over the use of the provided samples, I think the theme itself is good enough of a challenge. I’ll fix the rules first thing in the morning as it’s getting way passed bed time in my hometown.

I would really consider messaging or @ing the usual suspects. Just once to let them know the BB is atil going

@7asid @bbb @BPJ @Lug @mnkvolcno @typea33
Tagging y’all to let you know this battle is still on, would love to hear your entries.
Sorry for the bother folks, but we need to keep this thing alive, but if you can’t you can’t, totally understandable.

And just to reiterate, I encouraged @L0rdAuch to tag you all, so if it was annoying please direct that towards me!

these are some challenging rules, it feels like it would require some substantial effort to make something i’d be happy with. I’ll try something out anyway, hopefully make it for the end of the week. cheers for the heads up

Hey, I’m open to suggestions, this is my first hosting the BB so It’s def not going to be perfect. Since this is still early the rules are entirely flexible and are subject to change.

These are the new rules, I hope they are more encouraging than the last ones xD

Honestly, we don’t get a lot of traffic, the site’s basically dead. there’s a handful of members kickin around but it’s mostly down to 20 or so active people a day, so don’t be too hard on yourself for the lackluster response.

If someone would like to start a new one or if you want to extend the deadline to see if you can get more participants, either way is fine, really up to you.

Any kind of serious participation here tho requires a monumental concentration of collaborative effort. You can get a short term boost by rallying some people in other threads or through personal messages, we just really don’t have the user base or traffic to get any serious involvement.

Practically speaking if you can get more than 5 people to participate that’s an accomplishment.

don’t be too harsh on yourself, it’s really not a matter of rules or deadlines, I think there has been a couple of beat battles where the winner was basically the only person who had submitted anything because participation in those is so unpredictable as of now. The site doesn’t gather as much attention as it used to when the BB started and I myself is an example of people who just happen to browse the forums from time to time on a period of about a month. I haven’t participated in the beat battles in some time now too, and tbh I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it on this one either.

It’s interesting to look back at the things that inspired me through my musical development, albeit a little depressing too because I’m still not able to make a good hiphop instrumental or a well crafted eight bars of breakcore, I basically listened to all of that and never really got into making it myself haa
But really, it’s got nothing to do with your rules specifically I think, it’s just no luck that the usual battlers seem to be offline atm.

I gotta say though that I love the samples. I like the sound of that atmos thing and the dialups are nice in their random melodic beauty.

Thank you for taking the time to clear things out, imo the inactivity here is a double edged sword; on the one hand things like this happen every now and then, on the other, it really speaks volume on the quality of music people here put out, meaning that the select few and dedicated musicians take their time to put together something solid. You can’t have both ways I figure.