BB110-Water

I don’t usually do themes so I’ll try one now. Don’t sweat it just have fun. The theme of this bb is water-based as some of the samples will attest.

Start Date: 10 am UTC- April 23, 2020
End of entry window/Voting starts: 10am UTC May 7, 2020
Voting Ends/Winner prepares next battle: 10am UTC May 10, 2020 (or TBA)

(I’m giving this BB more time off the bat since it’s been slow lately)

The rules are more guidelines/something to aim for

1 Flow: Like a river or a tide, make your track flow and groove
2 Depth: Like the deepest ocean, make your track dimensional and full or whatever depth in music means to you
3 Splash: Like the waves hitting the beach, create a dynamic of pullback, build up and impact
ps: As per my traditional bb add-on, the use of (human) voice samples or recording your own voice in any capacity is allowed and unrestricted, as long as you keep the content copyright free.

samples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v2awp58p9c4uxqo/AABsvBVRhvdc2xba-hP4rv31a?dl=0

Beat Battle General Rules:

Beat Battles take place over the course of two weeks. The first ten days users will have to arrange, upload, and post their track to this forum. After this, the next three days users cast their votes for their favorite track. At the end of this, the winner will be announced, and they will then become the next Beat Battle host, and will have one day to construct a battle pack and begin the next Beat Battle.

Unless otherwise stated, the only sample/audio sources you may use for your song must come from the battle pack.

In the event of a tie, the battle host will decide the winner.

Ps: All skill levels welcome. Feel free to leave a blurb of feedback to the submitters. Please keep feedback constructive and don’t be dicks to each other.

anyone started yet?

i did. its sounding…wet

Yes…

seems dead in here. did everybody lose interest in BBs?

Haha… I’m a cook sumtin soon come! :metal:t5:

i will try and do something for this one too. dont think i will make it though. if not i will get on the next one!

Lol…tbh…same here, but will still try to get slippery wet 1, out! LMAO sorry couldn’t resist…but seriously…I got some stuff in mind already…just caught up wit other tunes…and Coronas…not covid! =P

Edit… Corona is a lie…just Laginitas Lil’Sumpin’… totally OT! :fearful:

The BB’s are dead. Long live the BB’s.

Sad to see this has died over the past year or so…

i’ll kick this off:

moist! <3

bb’s always go through long dead patches, thank you everyone still checking in and submitting!

yeah it’s not a new and shiny activity anymore, and to be honest the appeal of winning is quite low now. I used to want to win because ego, now I don’t care about that. If we had more power hungry clout chaser members then the contest would pick back up in popularity no doubt. Invite all your megalomaniac producer friends!

I’ve still kinda wanted to do the sample curation effort for the bb’s. Winning kinda sucks because suddenly you have to get together a bunch of samples, but if we were to have people who were going to participate also submit a few samples, then the sample curation segment wouldn’t fall completely on the winner. Like, have a couple weeks where we submit samples, then a couple weeks to do a track.

I’ve been wanting to try that out, have like a sample submission thread, then push those in the beat battle. If we need to supplement the samples, we can add them as we normally do, which may be the host, but hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

Two week period, everyone who wants to participate throws in a sample or a handful of samples, which should be free to use, then whatever we get, we use in the battle.

that sounds great. it works in two ways, because people like me who might not usually have enough time to participate in the battle would still at least throw some samples in because they do not take very long to make.

we can build an IDMF sample pack too then :smiley:

Speaking of samples, everyone, check this out:

so since this conversation is no longer about this bb, does this mean that this 1 is over, and we are moving on to this new idea?

looks like my sloppy quick beat is the only entry

lol, everyone from amature to kanye west. as if kanye west is not amature HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

this is a bad omen :,(