Who Likes Rap?

Cool… solid composition Excellent Lyrics! Veritable Wordsmithing at a high level! … and you can HEAR the words… the value of which is often underestimated.

I also liked the use of raping over old school R&B lyrics… and the mixtape loops weaved into the texture.

Yeah… he knows what he’s doing.

On to the next one :sunglasses:

Definately… a budding genius. I really like the DIY feel… it adds charm. The lyrics are clever, articulate, and they feel improvised but if those thoughts are stream of consciousness then he is way more genius then at first listen.

Thank you for sharing…:pray:

I think I haven’t posted any tracks by Lupe Fiasco in the resurrected forum, at least not enough, and his latest album is really deep and thoughtful, a real masterpiece imho, and it didn’t get much attention:

Me. love it so much!!!

More Lupe Fiasco

And something else for a change:

I remember that lupe fiasco album. Great stuff!

I just heard about that comedy central show cohosted by Open Mike Eagle; it features rap and stand-up comedy that stretches ideas about the black american experience

Something new and old by Lupe (recorded about 15 years ago as it seems):

It’s funny this thread remains in the side room

I’m listening to this compilation of beats made by Awkward for rappers; it’s all art-rap idiosyncracies. Makes you realize beatmakers make the scene as much as the vocalists

Old school Busta

That Handsome Devil’s a bit of a stretch to be considered rap, alternative hip hop might be closer but fuck it I love the band and want them to get more attention

Back in the days…

…when German Hip Hop was still all about smoking weed and not drugs and crime:

And here is some teaching for you:

In case you don’t know “The Cool”, you should get familiar:

… and I might as well add this one:

Audrey Nuna, that’s all im saying, her music bumps. Its almost like crack, disclaimer, never tried crack, but heard people describe music they like to similar to smoking crack. Too each their own, also damn right is a good one, i mean the whole album that’s apart of is great though. Not a bad one in the bunch. Her voice has range. She raps and sings.