UMR and the man behind it

Hi,

Unfinished Monkey Records is a non profit underground netlabel that has been running since 2007. We distribute a wide variety of electronic music.
My own projects are dustrickx, atmaqpriya and more recently hentopandit in which I actually do everything myself life. I also make tribal house as beatricks (together with ogi feel the beat)
We have a small home studio and collaborate with a variety of people.
If there are any questions…shoot!

Welcome to the forum. impressive resume
dont know UMR but will check it out

Hey UMR,
Welcome to the forum! What’s the story behind the name “Unfinished Monkey Records”?

Thanks for the warm welcome!
You can find our catalogue at unfinishedmonkeyrecords dot com

Soon one of my Hentopan tracks will be released on the new Global Hybrid Records compilation “Music for Humans Vol. 2” which is a series of charity-fundraisers for people in need. The VOL1 was funding for Syrian refugees.

The name was based on a scientific theory that, as with some other creatures in nature, we were a diversion of the usual evolutionary path by accident. We were monkeys but once an embryo was born too soon, unfinished, and had no fur, no skill to survive,… so it had to develop other skills like communication and creativity, to survive. This deversion would then become its own species. This would have led to human civilization etcetera; Not that I necessarily believe this, but I liked the perspective from an artistic point of view; that all we do with all our art and work is try to breach the gap between our existence and nature. Our slogan used to be “creating to compensate a lack of instinct”…

Nice, I had a feeling that a name like that had a story. Cool stuff!