Pandemic social distancing diary thread

Insomnia vs Drugs and Alcohol

Sunrise Isolation Portrait

Resigned

Ugh, I hate those nights you can’t go to sleep.

I finally went to bed at like 10am or something

Urg, really feeling iffy about my current work position. With my direct boss, who was basically the entire department, passing, there’s no one else that I know of with the knowledge of our day to day workings. With three months until the start of the semester (when there surely will be events), and a student staff that may or may not be sticking around, it makes me kinda nervous.

It took me a full year to get hired, and that wasn’t in the midst of COVID. I don’t know if they’ll hire someone, or if I’ll be taking the lead, or if some other department will step in… we’re a small department. Wondering if I should start sending out applications.

The ways I see it going down, are they either: hire someone, I fill the position (which is a little nerve wracking as I’m just a new employee), they ask another department to help out, or worst case… they close the entire department.

EDIT: At least I found a weed hook up.

What’s the job? From personal experience, there’s some things I can see jumping into with both feet, some I’d run screaming from.

It’s a position coordinating lights/audio/projection for student events on the uni campus.

If you’re getting paid right now, keep the job.

I think I’d also keep the job but in more important news big thumbs up man.

I actually took a few days off from smoking and drinking recently. I stayed up until stupid o-clock in the morning and made a bunch of weird facebook posts I had to delete the next day lmao. It was like weird filter selfies and bad poetry LMAO

Yeah, I can drive to Colorado, and normally I’d do that but with Colorado in lock down and everything, I’m not sure how it’s all going down, and plus I prefer local connects anyway cuz it means less time on the road.

Before quarantine I was actually considering driving down to Durango, about 5hrs from me. They have some killer head shops. Places in Grand Junction won’t sell to Utah folks but that place will, for some reason.

We also had a shop open in Wendover, right over the Utah border west but… all highway… kind of sketchy. Most people go there to buy shit you can’t get here XD

Yea I wouldn’t cross state lines for something like that right now.

Also since we now have a shop in wendover 80 miles away, their prices are rape zone.

A single premade joint is like $8. :\

I’ve seen pre-rolls for like $10-20, depending on quality of flower.

Some of the prices I’ve seen for legal, recreational weed I almost want it to say just decriminalized LOL but for real, I’d rather pay more.

But honestly who buys pre rolled joints? Just get one of those little joint rolling machines, ever rolling paper company makes them. I guess tourists.

i sometimes buy them if I’m dropping into CO to visit friends or family and just want to buy some for myself. That way, no pipe necessary to carry, no bud leftover generally, and a single stop is easy enough.

That makes sense. The whole idea of basically going to 7/11 to buy weed is so foreign to me lol these things don’t occur to me.

I never purchased them myself, but buddies who have given me some care packages from vegas I couldn’t help but notice the pricetag on the tubes.

For me? Joints rule, especially when backpacking. But I like rolling and I’ll gladly do that shit myself… lol. I’m with ya @relic