Share any music production tips and tricks you discovered

Share any music production tip/tricks that you discovered when experimenting

@for beginners, I figured out how to get xanopticon texture idm drums…

Take a drum break, comb over the the break with a volume envelope to make it punchier, then use the processed drums as a signal, to control the volume of a weird sound made with a synthesizer…the idea is instead of spending a load of time synthesizing drums, you can take a a granulized neuro bass sample and use any drum break as a volume envelope by using the peak controller to control the volume of the desired sample in FL Studio or something similar if you are using different daw

Wavehammer everything.

creating false-arpeggiated melodies using delay FX when layered with harmonies often leads to some really good unexpected tones that normal arps won’t provide. I use delay on quarter notes in 3rd/4th counts all the time to counter rhythm things in my music. A bit of a signature experiment I’ve kept over the years.

As boring as it sounds… High pass everything with a medium slope to take out unwanted bass and tune to taste. That and think of percussion panning like you are sitting at a drum set from the drummers perspective.

I read this a lot on forums, but newbies should take it with a grain of salt. It’s a quick way to end up with a thin and brittle mix if you go overboard. Good advice, just err on the conservative side with the filtering. A lot of a sounds character can come from the 100-250 region, shelving filters can do the same job but in a less brutal fashion.

Do you have a cheap outboard compressor? Have a cheap Behringer mixer laying around for live use? Try this trick I discovered for insane pumpy screeching distorted compression.

Put the input of the compressor on an aux send, and connect its output to a track. You can use that track’s send to create a feedback loop, which results in screeching oscillating feedback with no input, but add in some drums or other rhythmic synth stuff and the results are a beautiful and chaotic fight between the signal and the feedback.

sidechaining, not only accomplished with compressors, but can also be done through an eq by sending the signal have an effect on the desired frequency

thank you @parricide

Paulstretch and then wavehammer, sometimes wavehammering before paulstretching