Reddit and the like for music sharing..?

Anyone use reddit or other stuff to reach audiences…

I personally dont because of reasons…
But I’m guessing that it gets spammed a lot and it would probably not be a good idea because of spam…

Thoughts?

I’ve tried it many times. If you don’t find your niche category, it’s usually tough shit. Sometimes even when you find your niche genre and everything, you simply get overlooked because of all the other submissions.

Reddit is great when you’re googling something and don’t want the watered-down version (like, “hey, are there any ps3 softmods out there?”), but for mostly everything else it’s not much of a community at all. It’s a giant competition to me.

Not sure yet, but I kinda like it. It’s fast and it’s all about the upvotes and trending topics, less about community - but it depends on the siz of the reddits. It can be easy to get likes for stuff if it fits with the subreddit you post it in, but even if you get like 100 likes or upvotes, it rarely translates to any followers at least in my very limited experience of sharing random art for the last few weeks ^^ I have collected some karma points with people upvoting posts but I gathered exactly 1 (one) follower so far lol. I like the on-topic discussions with people you never talked to and that you can find reddits for everything. My experience with sharing my music was really bad though, but I only shared one track from an IDMF compi in the biggest reddits I could find…