Record What You Hear (Windows, Audacity, FL Studio)

So the long and short of it is in a recent update I’ve lost the ability to “record what I hear” in Audacity and it is really cramping my sampling ability. I wasn’t using the old “Record What U Hear” option, I somehow setup in the inputs to make it work and no combination I’ve tried recently works. I’m on the newest Windows with Audacity and and FL Studio 20. I just want to record whatever is currently playing (mostly from web browsers).

I remember on Windows I had to set something to do that, but once I did it that was it. Now on Linux it just does it anyway, but my Audacity is only 2.3.2. Don’t know whether this will help.
https://thealmostdone.com/2019/01/07/how-to-record-internal-audio-using-audacity-in-windows-10/

Maybe you need to turn on Stereo mix in windows audio settings to be able to record what you hear.

Is there anyway to record stereo mix with my Tascam US-122MKII interface without any software installed. I sucked with lots of virtual audio cables but it was not stable. I always ended up connecting the soundcard’s hedphone out to line inputs and record them.