Music theory and pitch measurement algorithms cents, midi, and other

right so i was playing around with the tonal timestretch algorithm setting in fl…and i was right you are able to pitchsift stuff with timestretching…i know its something pretty basic by reading the manual or looking at a yt tutorial but it was something i was unaware of till recently…anyways back to the topic at hand as i was doing i was tuning a sample according to cents and it made me wonder…how does cents translate into compositional note intervals so my question is

if i were to take the note E and tune it two steps up to F# how many cents would that translate to?..
also im not sure of the other pitch measurements in other music making platforms…but such information is welcome…apologies… but im too lazy to google shrug

Usually 100 cent are one note or semitone. In many DAWs, if you hit +|-50 (or 0.5), the DAW displays the next note and switches from +50 to -50 and vice versa.

FL Studio functions according to the 100 cents = one note standard (?)

Yes, and cents aren’t DAW specific. 50 cents is a semitone. So from E to F# would be 100 cents.

A semitone is 100 cent, not 50. An octave is 1200 cent. Centum in latin means 100, so that makes sense :wink:
But as noted above, a DAW usually switches from one note to the next note after +|-50 cent, but then showing -|+50 on the next note. This might lead to the impression that a note is 50 cent.

Corrected! My fault!

You didn’t say ‘in Even Temperament’… (8*)

~

By the way, no music theory in this thread. Only intonation.