Motivation

But BRO…Как вам нравится мой козел?

Доброе утро, всем. Как дела?

I don’t tend to have the same workflow as most other people but my motivation always starts in my noggin when an idea pops in there, notes strung together with synapses. Then using the tool I think would work best for the idea. Most of the time, it doesn’t come from anything that another musician is doing, but rather what they are saying that matters to me. I know how to write a shitty song, it’s easy. A good one, takes planning, thought, time and effort to get the details in between the notes to work well. I ask myself “why is this here?” in almost every section of a track. Not saying I’m jesus or Kanye and my tracks make women swoon and kings fall to their knees, but I am saying that careful planning and a knowledge of what the end result will be is a good motivator to get it right, at least in your own ears. Ymmv of course, its years of creating your own design in how you get to the finish line.

A student with motivation will be the PHD
A thief with motivation will be a master thief

It all boils down to, “How bad do you want it”

I’m glad we have inspirations.

Going back to your musical roots may help w/ motivation…i.e me listening to prefuse 73 who opened my ears and eyes to the beauty of music would give me a jolt of inspiration.

Prefuse 73 is o fucking good. Also Plaid. /OT

My motivation comes from when I’m listening to some music of whatever type, and it goes off in direction A when it should really really have gone off in direction B imho. So then I usually pick it up and write where I think it should have gone. I don’t usually listen to the start of the piece again though, so when it’s done the whole thing sounds completely different to the original in any case.

Not in my case, my music roots are punk and hardcore, I produce what I call Industrial Dub. For my inspiration comes from a nice working place with not much setup time and complexities so I can stay in the zone more easily .

Music is my main creative outlet these days. I’ve always spent a lot of time throughout my life being creative, especially when I was younger, and at this point it helps me stay centered and normal, and where I can feel my most zen. Given all of the things going on in the world and my personal life recently, I’ve been leaning on it pretty hard.

That’s my main motivation for sitting down and doing stuff.

As for what i do with that time, mainly it’s a lot of idea hopping; it will usually start with trying to recreate a sound or pattern I’ve heard, and I almost never get there but I do end up trying 5 other thing and once in a while they’re interesting. Honestly, I just keep doing that until I’m happy with the results, and along the way I’ll record some of it.

What motivates me is knowing that I’m not forced into any genre. I have free will, the freedom of expression motivates me…