Hullo

I heard this was a good place to interact with other artists and get better - so here I am.

I’ve been on a music production hiatus for a good year now, I’m looking to try to get back into it again but this time go towards more experimental music. I was exposed to ‘idm’ about 6 months ago and it’s really grown on me. Before this I kind of gave up producing electronic music because the rules clashed with what I wanted to make (I switched to composing classical for a few years) but I feel like this is the right place for me now.

Thanks for having me!

Yo whoever told you their were rules to electronic music is an ass clown. I make house and techno and still believe there are no rules.

Welcome.

Thanks man, I think it was just the communities I was part of were pretty conservative and were mostly about making tracks that make money and lots of fans. You couldn’t really talk about different time sigs or serialism without looking like an alien.

We are all aliens here. welcome to the home of 23/32 time.

And even real instruments and field recordings are allowed. You will get better hear. :sunglasses: