FREE Yamaha TX16w Sampler (software clone)

Found this today:

https://www.tx16wx.com/

Will defo check this out. Was this unit known for anything special. I know Ive heard of it before.

you’ll have to let us know if its worth installing, i dare not at the moment I’ve just got rid of hundreds of plugins and currently running on a bloat free lean mean arsenal.

Haha. I recently had an HDD die and only installed the absolute minimum. Will try to check it out asap.

I dont have the time to dig into anything like it at the moment, but did download and will install when I get a free second. I informed a buddy about it and he installed it, said it seemed extremely complex. But he only uses presets so who knows

It had a really shitty OS/interface and mediocre filters. The big selling point was 8 individual outs. That’s all I remember. I’d personally go for an Akai or Emu based sampler if I wanted that nostalgia, but that may just be because I actually used them.

If I come across a used EPS or EPS16+ rack at a reasonable price I’ll jump on it, those things are magic for downsampled drums (4meg of ram will force one to go down that route)

Frankly, after having a look at this Imma pass on downloading it. Ive been wanting TAL Audio’s Sampler for a while. Ill just wait on a good payday to get it.