ELEKTRON ANALOG RYTM MK2 help with Overbridge

Hi, Me llamo Qianta
I RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS ANALOG ELEKTRON RYTM MK2 AND I’M TRYING TO CONNECT IT TO ABLETON. IT APPEARS I NEED TO USE OVERBRIDGE IN ORDER TO USE IT AS A MIDI CONTROLLER; I INSTALLED OVERBRIDGE AND OPENED IT ON ABLETON, BUT IT SAYS IT CAN NOT FIND MY DEVICE!! YES I DO HAVE OVERBRIDGE MODE ON!

please someone help my life is on the line

First thing I found was if you’re connecting through a USB hub, don’t. If that doesn’t help, I would definitely do some searching online. This is most likely an issue that happens a lot.

Google is magic

Generally speaking Id just join Elektronauts. Live saver. If the link I shared doesn’t help youll find the info you need somewhere there.

You have to also be running the Overbridge control panel. You connect the device through that then you can load OB in Live. OB CP installs with the driver package. This is what you do for full Overbridge connectivity, audio included.

overbridge never worked for me man, i just used the midi ports

i got a new problem, i don’t know how to remove all the sounds from the pads and just use my own… nothing i try works and i’ve read the manual and its askldjfasdkl

I’ve never owned a RYTM, but many Elektrons–try loading a blank kit for starters.

i got it to work right after i posted it >:(

Progress!

My early experience with Elektron is that their devices can be frustrating at first, but are worth the effort in the end. And then usually if you learned one, you can pick up the others pretty easily.

Curious to know if you wanted to use your own sounds why the heck you bought an analog drum synth and not just a sampler. Seems as though from what you’ve posted in this thread you really could have saved a hell of a lot of money by properly identifying your needs first. Maybe something like Maschine?

I put my reply back. Sorry. :grinning:

dunno whats wrong with putting a few of my own sounds into the drum machine, i mean, it is a feature

Yeah, nothing wrong w that. That’s why I originally deleted my reply after I posted it.

Carry on.

:grinning: