[Disco] Roboticist - Disco Droid

This song is by a robot who just wants to make good music and dance with the humans. The vocals aren’t perfect, but I attribute it to it being sung by a robot who wasn’t really designed to sing, like Claptrap from Borderlands.

I used several new techniques and tools for this song, including the fully synthesized vocals. I even mastered it myself which I haven’t really done before.

Thanks for listening.

Lyrics:

[Intro]
I’m a disco droid, I’ve got rhythm in my circuits
Movin’ on the dance floor, feelin’ so electric
With my metallic groove, I’m the life of the party
Dancin’ like a machine, no one can catch me, catch me, catch me

[Chorus]
I’m a robot superstar, breakin’ all the rules
I’m gonna shine so bright, like a disco diamond jewel
With my robotic dance moves, I’m on fire
I’m a disco droid, achieving heights even higher

[Verse]
In a neon city, where the lights always shine
There’s a disco droid, got the groove all the time
Spinnin’ records, mixing beats all night long
With electric moves, it’s the robotic song
Get on the floor, feel the droids vibe
Disco droid making music come alive

[Chorus] x2
I’m a robot superstar, breakin’ all the rules
I’m gonna shine so bright, like a disco diamond jewel
With my robotic dance moves, I’m on fire
I’m a disco droid, achieving heights even higher

1 Like

This is pretty awesome. Still digging the hook, and the vocal processing sounds a little bit cleaner this time. I’m not noticing anything weird going on in the low-end, either, so I think you successfully fixed the mix issues.

The only things I’d really mention that seem like the weak points are the second verse and bridge, but mostly the latter because the song (music-wise) sounds like it’s mostly on a loop, or is playing out one idea without much variance the whole time. While the chorus hook does change this to some degree, the music from the verse to the chorus remains extremely similar, so it doesn’t have that satisfying climax or shift that a bridge back to the chorus might be able to provide if nothing else can.

With that said, it sounds awesome and I can tell a lot of work went into this. I also enjoyed listening to its iterations and journey toward a full track, too. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I added a new bass line that only plays during the chorus, but in my effort to balance out the low end, I might have inadvertently buried it under the other two bass lines. This song is stupid complicated but it’s also pretty repetitive, but the repetition and the lack of a proper bridge were intentional throwbacks to old school original disco. I’ll definitely keep your comments in mind going forward, already started working on the next one haha

1 Like