Concerts you’ve been or going to?

Thinking about maybe seeing Reid Speed in Pittsburgh for NYE since we aren’t having our annual barn burner.

Also Chi Town is just awesome.

And be damned if I tried acid for the first time walking the bridgeway of Navy Pier at 6 am. I would like to say to anyone planning to visit Chicago in the winter months, The crosswinds are actually crafted by Hatori Hanzo…Who knew?!

I’ve been to quite quite a few shows in my day… My first was Fear Factory with Static X and others opening.

I’ve seen Opeth a couple times, the White Stripes in kind of a dive, Sigur Ros a couple times, Nine Inch Nails with Bauhaus, Depeche Mode, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, My Bloody Valentine, St. Vincent, Kool Keith, A Place To Bury Strangers a few times, Gorguts, and Ministry to name a few. I’ve also been to a few proper classical concerts, Stravinsky, Chopin, that sort of stuff, but not so much recently.

My favorite IDM-related show was of course Autechre in 2008… That was a hell of an experience…

Most recently I saw Dimmu Borgir and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (separate shows…).

Don’t have any shows planned recently since I moved to the suburbs and a ways from New York, but I always keep my eyes peeled for good ones. I’d love to be able to catch ADULT. or Opeth again, or Richard Devine or something like that.