Comic book thread...if you talk about hentai I will curse you out

Any talk about dc marvel image or any other comics well known or lesser known

No posting hentai, i will curse you out. Barf.

I thought the sandman was overrated…good story but the art was subpar…

@Vlantis thanks for tsutomi nihei…blame! Comics was the best thing I’ve read, also the artwork was… stellar

Thinking about getting kingdom come by dc…
Also dc animated is better than dc live action change my mind…

I believe you meant no MANGA. Which, okay, sure (though Season Zero of Yu-Gi-Oh is pretty hardcore).

Favorite comics ever are the Sonic the Hedgehog series that ran from the 1990s until a few years ago due to some copyright issue with some of the characters. They re-booted it and I haven’t read any of the new ones, but the old ones were legit one of the best things to ever come out of Sonic the Hedgehog. I remember the art being passable to good, especially after issue 100. I think they got around 200 of that series out, plus some spinoffs.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/archiesonic/images/4/49/Mecha_Madness.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090323042328

[quote=“bfk, post:1, topic:4889”]
Also dc animated is better than dc live action change my mind…[/quote]

That’s pretty much the consensus. I don’t see anyone changing your mind based on content to date. I’d put Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam up against that though as the sheer amount of DC cartoons means in amongst the dross there are those that shine and can be used by many to argue that the carto… er, animation is superior when its more accurate to say its only some of the time. They’ve made way more so its not exactly comparing like to like in terms of quantity of content.

Happily I don’t care enough which is better, just feed me what I want.

Green Lantern First Flight is great and is how they should have done live action Green Lantern. They also knocked it out of the park with that theme tune. Fits GL perfectly. And dat cast, oh yeh, nerd heaven.

But no anime or Manga? That’s a relatively narrow focus. But sure, its your thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok ok ok you can talk about animu and manga/mango…just not hentai.

Used to read One punch man by yusuke murata has good art…but the story is too silly…also I stopped reading it cause after 1432556 volumes it’s like whateves… man…the animu series is ass.

Shonen jump is like…hit or miss…but imo time put away childish things…
Naruto the madara fight was good…but naruto and saske are boyfriends…

Bleach was yeah yeah yeah please end…but some fights were good and characters weren’t overpowered they just had unique abilities…meaning A could beat B, B could beat C, and A cant beat C…etc…

Dbz is lame…how many supersaiyans levels does it take…the answer is broccoli.

Attack on titan I’m just like meh…

Pacific rim the black on netflix was slow…

Never saw the series but this impresses me

I can’t believe it I used to watch that show religiously after it was dubbed and put on cable. It was 90% dudes squatting and grunting like they have the bubble gut while flames shot out of their bodies.

I liked some Dark Horse Star Wars comics and the Death Note and Code Geass animes but didn’t really read or watch that much stuff.

Gonna leave this here because I know the guy and he is really good:

I didn’t read a ton, but I read enough to be bummed that Disney gave Marvel the rights to Star Wars when they acquired it.

The four issue run is amazing. Definitely worth picking up. Nice to see Alex Ross do interior work. Seem to remember they did a bunch of other tie-in crap after that was substandard.

Tom King’s runs on Vison (v2) and Mr. Miracle (v4) are absolutely stellar and I can’t recommend them enough.

Also Matt Fraction and David Aja’s Hawkeye v2 (22 issues) is superb.

Just chiming in to say that there’s nothing wrong with erotic art (anybody read any French stuff?). So why the hentai hate? Most Japanese erotic comics can go wayyy overboard, though. I know an older mother who reads a lot of romance novels, which I guess is the same kinda thing.

Some of you have seen my NSFW collages. My house is adorned with them and nobody gives a shit, my family included! So yeah, I’m just sticking up for the erotic stuff (there’s a lot of erotic Japanese comics aimed towards women, too!)

But yeah, comics…haven’t read any lately. I gave my collection away after my most recent move. If you can find any copies of Soulwind by Scott Morse I highly recommend it. It’s one of the few comics I still own.

Hentai stuff goes overboard…and is very unrealistic and can be disgusting.

Hentai = shitting dick nipples
Real life = no shitting dick nipples

If a kink exists there is hentai for it…and some of the kinks I’ve come across made me go wtf is wrong with humanity.

And i’m not talking about lgbtq…

The kinda shit you come across that makes you need therapy for knowing that it exists.

I just want a good story and good art…without erotica, erotica can also sometimes be lazy storytelling.

As for other types of art, it’s ok i guess as long as its respectful cause boundaries.

I like Todd mcfarlane art…

Spawn the comic.

Idk but the main American comics go for unlimited runs…like batman supes spidey…etc…
Or different takes on the same story…

Other comics are just like heres a story and boom the end.

Dc…the big three…batman, superman, wonderwoman…

Constantine, doctor fate, zatanna, dr. Manhattan,…green lantern, basically i only know them from the justic league unlimited cartoons…

Marvel…spiderman, avengers,…multiverse…

Super strength and super speed standard superpowers. Lol.

Fan fiction is just like meh.

Dr. Manhatten is Watchmen. Or have DC nicked him? :smiley:

I think so…dc and marvel are like the smegma comic book companies…they often absorb smaller companies and get rights to characters like dr. Manhattan…

The watchmen although seperate from the main dc universe are under the dc umbrella.

I think the blonde constantine actor that had the show should get a constantine netflix series.

Keanu Reaves got a lot of negative response for his version but I really liked it. The Welsh chap playing him atm is alright though :slight_smile: