CD Collecting Victory

OK so this is one of those things that’s no big deal to anyone other than the person who’s so excited about it, but bear with me.

I’ve been collecting CDs since the late '80s and insist on having all of my music on CD. This is for a lot of reasons, but these days I’m adamant about it because I want a physical backup of my digital music, plus the artwork etc. CDs are forever, my oldest one is from 1983 and is still perfect and rips cleanly.

So anyway, it’s getting difficult at times to find everything that I want on CD, because a lot of electronic music is now being released digitally only, and sometimes on vinyl but not CD.

One of the CDs that I’ve been looking for for years now is Honeysuckle Remixes by The Submarines. This is a remix compilation based on their album Honeysuckle Weeks, and importantly it contains the AmpLive remix of 1940, one of the best trip-hop tracks I’ve ever heard. It’s one of those remixes that elevates the original into something sublime.

Unfortunately, that remix album was only released to the masses digitally, the only CDs pressed were promos (https://www.discogs.com/The-Submarines-Honeysuckle-Remixes/release/4555047). I’ve been looking for it for years and had pretty much given up.

Well, I just found a pristine copy on eBay. The seller had one left out of four and I snagged it. Being an obscure album it wasn’t worth much, I only had to pay $15 with shipping.

Score! I love that feeling I get when a hole in my collection finally gets filled by something I’ve been looking for for a long time. It’s a trivial thing, but so satisfying.

Edit: Added YouTube of the remix I’m talking about.

Congrats on finding it - and getting a good deal to boot!