BB126 - Break it all apart

… and then put it back together again!

In this battle, I would like for you to make a tune that destructs, and then reconstructs itself!

Open genre beat battle, you’re free to explore whatever you want.

Start Date: 10 am PTD March 16th, 2021
End of entry window/Voting starts: 10am PTD - March 30th, 2021
Voting Ends/Winner prepares next battle: 10am PTD March 31st 2021 (or TBA)

(End date may vary depending on the number of entries!)

Rules:

1. Lenght over 2 minutes and 30sec (unfinished or WIP welcomed )
  2. Use of counterpoint & or call & response might be helpful while creating a song that deconstructs and reconstructs itself.
  3. Use at least 2 of the stems provided, 5 if you decide to us your own gear/samples.
  4. Have fun, don’t overthink it, just make a beat! or compose an underscore, whatever…maybe a drone of the samples?

For this battle, I will agree to allow users to use their own samples they own or hardware/synths/modules! However, if you decide to use your own samples/gear the 2 samples you use must be pretty obvious in your song.

_all cooked especially for this battle, hope you enjoy. the sp1200 drums are the only sounds straight out of the box :cactus: so-to-speak _**.

Beat Battle General Rules:

Beat Battles take place over the course of two weeks. For the first ten days, users will have to arrange, upload, and post their track to this forum. After this, the next three days users cast their votes for their favorite track. At the end of this, the winner will be announced, and they will then become the next Beat Battle host and will have one day to construct a battle pack and begin the next Beat Battle.

Unless otherwise stated, the only sample/audio sources you may use for your song must come from the battle pack.

In the event of a tie, the battle host will decide the winner.

Ps: All skill levels welcome. Feel free to leave a blurb of feedback to the submitters. Please keep feedback constructive and don’t be dicks to each other.

Placeholder for songs to be voted on

Soundbyte DJ

Here is the link to the finished beat because I can’t post links in the forums there.

TvMcC

I made the link for downloading the samples restricted, as I would rather know who is getting the samples, and using them than have people just collecting samples.

Yup looks like bb’s are struggling, talking to myself! haha…

oh well it was nice to come back and do a 2 bb’s, maybe some others might get interested, but otherwise will declare
Soundbyte DJ the winner.

still early, but my upload was done rather quick, little to no mixing, and just fun to play around with

hm not sure restricting the samples was the best choice. your prerogative tho

Eh, don’t know why that should make a difference. sometimes people download the samples, and never contribute… why take time out to make samples for people who wont use em? haha but yeah I get your point, thanks for your support

i think its weirdly kind of part of hook. you click to grab the samples, if you dont get around to doing a battle at least youve hoarded some more samples. then when you have them its like might as well do the battle. sometimes we need to almost be tricked into making a bb lol. when you have to interact with a person to grab them its almost like a committment you might not be into making.
i personally have no problem with someone grabbing my samples and not doing a bb, it still feels like I am contributing to the idmf community, but i can understand you not feeling the same way about it.

thanks for taking the time out to explain to me how it might seem as if I am not trying to contribute.

switched the link for all to grab, and updated the OP

be a great day

“to explain to me how it might seem as if I am not trying to contribute”

i can’t tell if you’re being sincere or snarky but i def didn’t mean it as a judgement on you( didnt’ even cross my mind) but rather just thinking back to what compels me about open samples since i’m already offering that point of view.

it is in no interest of mine to display harm to other beings, i wish you wellness, empathy, light, and all that you need to get through the day.

best of

I wish more people were interested in this… Thanks anyways for posting my track, and thanks again for letting me use the samples the way I’d like to. I wish we could declare a tie. Just because I like your sounds just as much as you like mine. I appreciate the time you took to send me a message to invite me to this battle. Electronic Fist Bump

In any case before I start figuring out how to go about getting some new samples…Anyone here interested in another beat battle? I know exactly what type of beat battle will be up next. And I know exactly what sample/s to be of use for you guys. That is of course if no one else enters at the last moment.

@Soundbyte_DJ no worries it was my pleasure to host, and glad we got. new member to join and participate.

isn’t there a few more days still?

hey glad to see the BBs didn’t die!

I will keep an eye out and try and get in on the next one. Feel free to @ me but don’t feel obligated.

The judging starts tomorrow or so I thought. Am I wrong? Hence why I said if no one else enters. I didn’t assume I won. I just want to be ready in case. I did invite others from metapop to the next beat battle. Is that alright with you guys?

The short answer was, yes.

From an admin’s perspective I think that is great. Like I said, I’d love to get in on the next on myself. If a bunch of new people are going to show up, let me know and I’ll make sure I update their accounts so they won’t have problems posting anywhere.

Will do. Thanks! @relic

no worries, and thanks again for being part of the battle.

vote goes for @Soundbyte_DJ