BB118 - Beat the Clock

Official entries should be limited to one, in order to avoid flooding the entry pool with one person’s tracks. It’s ok to make more than one, but only one can be your official entry that you’ll be judged on, that way someone doesn’t win by making spaghetti-entries (throw everything on the wall to see what sticks). There should be one, definitive track for entry. Others may be posted, but you must declare which you’d like to be judged on. That’s what I think.

Beat Battle Discussion

I just think back to some Battles prior where mfxxx would make like 3-4 tracks whereas we’d only get two entries from other artists, and we’re mainly voting for who gets to be host, so submitting more than one track is kinda stacking the odds. If you do three different tracks in three different styles, and there’s three people, one of each who digs one of those tracks but hates the others, then suddenly you’ve got three votes, whereas they may have considered another artist’s track if that participant had only submitted one the one.

Beat Battle Discussion

I’d say one submission per person, but I also want to get at least 5 submissions. If we don’t get any more submissions, I’d like to let @Unk_Nown submit 2. Everyone else, you are welcome to post more than one track, but you will have to pick just one for the voting.

Would be really awesome if a few more submissions…it only takes 1 hour, let’s do this!

Tracks are due Nov 7th!

I agree with that and the next reply but currently they are not limited to one sub.
@7asid is technically right.
So @Faintbrush can rule on us anything he wants.

My opinion about sub number: ( to explain myself why not to feel morally bad by it)

Not limiting subs number encourages making more music.
You wrote really nice reasons for limitation…
I have nothing to add.
In practice as i see it: having more subs-more chance to win.

If the author would make for example 5 profiles on IDMF and post the tracks under different names, would that be unfair? Why?

Is there any money involved in this? Did mfxxx get 2.34 billion atoms of oxygen more to breath because he made many subs and won with them?
If there was an reward greater than a chance to appear in BB comp album everyone would be rushing tons of tracks.
They would not because money is not such an inspiration? Put out that one great track and they would be overshadowed by track rushers?

In the case of mfxxx, did he won because he provided multiple musical opinions and would he lost if he would pick out a single track? So did he win unfairly?

I think it was nice that he made many tracks and i hope that the voters voted morally right, according to the fact that many subs mean more input from the same person.

I think people are able to see one person 'flooded the entry pool and adjust their voting so that is fair…
And making more subs gives the bbattles more material so bb compilations can be a bit better.

I will submit one track, others are still there to listen. And voting is subjective.

[ Submitting °2 ]

That is really really nice. Thank you.
But if i can submit 2 then anyone else can!

That is it for now. Have a nice part of the day you are in and as many more of them as you wish.

Beat Battle Discussion
Beat Battle Discussion

I don’t disagree, I’m just going by what seems to have been the tradition in the past. I think we can put it up to a vote in the BB discussion thread and meanwhile for this specific cycle @Faintbrush, being the host, can make the decision.

Beat Battle Discussion

I actually meant to write this rule into the boiler plate but I didn’t get around to finishing it up.

Agreed

Alright, I think #3 is my better track, which should be the basis for voting, but I got two here:

Anybody who’d like to weigh in on discussion as to limiting entries to one per participant, check the discussion thread here:

Hey, thanks to everyone who made tracks!

I’m having trouble setting up the poll on my phone, so I won’t be able to get the voting set up until I get back home to my PC. Should have it posted by the end of the day.

Which one is your entry, @Unk_Nown?

Alright, the poll is up. Thanks everyone for participating, and bonus points to @IO_Madness and @Unk_Nown for posting multiple tracks. Hopefully I got your preferred track in the poll, let me know if I need to change it.

Voting closes the morning of November 9th!

@7asid I’ve also been around the BB’s long and enough and done more to keep them going probably than any other member, there has never been a “tradition” of submitting more than one track, most often people submit only one, and I’m saying that entries are limited to one. Further discussion in the BB Discussion thread.

@typea33
Like the shimmery pads, cool beat glitchyness. It makes me want to check out Bitwig!

@7asid
Nifty glitches

@Faintbrush
Chaotic and disorienting. I like the stabs around :45. Cool stuff.

@Unk_Nown
Interesting 7/4. Good way of stretching out the length. Dig the melodic part jumping around. Like the ominous dark bass.

@typea33
Texture of the melody, kick hihat snare, bass are great, sounds clean alltogether. I do not like pitch shifting too much or the linear structure of track.
@7asid
Intro is gold. I like how you sampled vocals inside, various details, the happy mood of the track, ending.
@Faintbrush
It reminds me on an experiment i made.
I like bass the most, opera vocals. Has some nice percussion too.
@IO_Madness
4/2? It is short, interesting passages between rythms, alien melody is nice, bass melody too. Reminds me on a acid themed band.

4/2? You mean time signature? No, 4/4. It’s short because 32 bars of 4/4 at 165 BPM is only 46.545 seconds (disclaimer, my tracks are not at 165 cuz I totally missed that part, just remembered it needed to be DnB).

thats not quite what i said actually

We have a winner, congrats @IO_Madness!

Oh snap! Alright, I’ll get a sample pack in order!