BB107- The BB lives on

This is an open genre beat battle, you’re free to explore whatever you want.

Start Date: 10 am UTC- Feb 10 , 2020
End of entry window/Voting starts: 10am UTC - Feb 25th ,2020
Voting Ends/Winner prepares next battle: 10am UTC March 1st 2020 (or TBA)

(I’m giving this BB more time off the bat since it’s been slow lately)

Rules:

1 Lenght over 2 minutes and 30sec (unfinished or WIP still welcome to post :slight_smile: )
2 Introduce some evolving automation, play with filters, panning etc, just make it obvious or on the nose if you will.
3 Use one of the drum samples as a melodic sound. Example: a bass out of the 808 kick, etc.
ps: As per my traditional bb add-on, the use of (human) voice samples or recording your own voice in any capacity is allowed and unrestricted, as long as you keep the content copyright free.

samples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/itnis7lkixv0pk6/AADgRoGadn-7naKxVCfgJ-eta?dl=0

Beat Battle General Rules:

Beat Battles take place over the course of two weeks. The first ten days users will have to arrange, upload, and post their track to this forum. After this, the next three days users cast their votes for their favorite track. At the end of this, the winner will be announced, and they will then become the next Beat Battle host, and will have one day to construct a battle pack and begin the next Beat Battle.

Unless otherwise stated, the only sample/audio sources you may use for your song must come from the battle pack.

In the event of a tie, the battle host will decide the winner.

Ps: All skill levels welcome. Feel free to leave a blurb of feedback to the submitters. Please keep feedback constructive and don’t be dicks to each other.

Zip zoop I gotta poop

Stumbled across this last night and threw myself into it. Kinda like what I’ve got so far.

I’m gonna aim to have something ready for the 25th, but with other commitments it’s gonna be a bit of a rush job. :smile:

A couple of days early, but also my last chance to finish it.

Edit: I hope I’m doing this right. All sounds originated from the samplepack, but some are quite heavily processed or significantly pitched up/down. The melody is from the 808 Bass; some of the drum hits were originally rattling sounds from the field recordings; some of the sounds are played back through a granular synth using spectral and grain algorithms…

The automation rule was only really applied to the melody which plays for 16 or so bars in the second half…

Whether it’s eligible or not, I thoroughly enjoyed working with this limitation. I think the automation rule significantly improved the melody section, which was otherwise a little dull.

nice work entropy
hi to the bbers out there, I hope you all keep having fun, much love

Guess I’m default winner then :joy:

you’re eligible af my man. good work, i love the catchy bassline and the panning on the melody. I didn’t even get around to starting anything :(((, if people are working on stuff and you don’t care to start a new bb right away I’'m not against extending, but yes youre the default winner! Feel free to start the next one, whoever has anything cooking for this, feel free to drop it in this thread, would love to hear it.

I’ll start gathering/generating samples.

If anyone submits stuff in the next few days we can extend.

Otherwise I’ll announce a new one.

I can upload mine tonight after 1, am at work

see I told ya

I like this for two reasons

1. It’s a nice track

2. It means I’m not immediately scrambling to assemble samples

well I vote for Entropy

Tsachi - Made in 4 Hours Dunno
I like the chill verb on the maracas or shaker thing you have with the groovy melody.

Entropy - Under a Buzzing Streetlight
Like the cinematic feel to the track, definitely sets the mood really nicely. Very cool, reflective, driving vibe. The little popcorn synth melody is cool. Nice stuff, I dig it.

Me thinks my vote goes to…

ENTROPY

We lost direction here slightly I think. When should we close voting? I’d better gather some samples by the look of it so far.

@Entropy, you could probably just go for it.

Also create it in the Beat Battles subforum of the Community section.

Yeah you win

Hey, sorry for the delay, I had work out of town and I neglected this. I really like both submissions, good work. Take it away Entropy

ya do it i wanna play >:)

I will post something tonight

im stuck at home so lets fricken do this!