80s EBM track

This track is by think+sync which is myself and my friend Benedict Roff-Marsh.

If you didn’t know 80s EBM is an 1980s fusion of punk and electronica usually with a political edge.

I got a lot of help with my vocals on this forum while working on this song, I’m very grateful for all the advice and by the way I am a total novice at singing, more of a music writer, this track kind of just happened.

If you want to discuss the political topics in this song then please do so on Youtube rather than this forum. Otherwise any feedback / criticisms / questions are very welcome here.

My music partner Benedict makes amazing videos and did so for this track, please see / listen here: (content removed)

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

We all start there though, and I would say I still am. But, I think you did a pretty good job of that 80’s sound on them, as in trebblely and not bassy. Pretty good job all round really.

“That guy didn’t win the election”

Really?

Are you one of the loony conspiracy theorists?

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry at this point.

BTW I was a teenager in the mid 80’s and I never saw EBM being described as “with a political edge”. Some bands may have had an interest in that but the vast majority didn’t.

Thanks for the feedback my music partner made some great creative choices, layering this more aggressive vocal over some earlier takes, you notice much less that I am not hitting notes, in the end the idea was to go for aggression and style rather than focusing on the notes which was taking a lot away from it on my side. Keen to refine it from here, found some phone apps for vocal training I can play around with, cheers! :slight_smile:

EBM certainly had a lot about fascism and totalitarianism which is why I found it to have a ‘political edge.’ Not all of it of course.

If you have already decided I’m a loony in regards to my content I don’t really need to discuss it with you. I do consider myself one of those guys who does not believe everything the television says - and that’s probably loony to you too, and I don’t really feel the need to try and convince you otherwise.

Cheers for the feedback.

In the listening booth I’m inclined towards letting people have artistic freedom as long as it isn’t hate speech (and I am in no way implying that this is, just saying for the sake of clarity)… So, in the future if anyone’s criticism is actually just a political disagreement let us leave those things out of our comments. To be very clear no one on the mod team is upset or angry as we have tried not to have a specific rule about “talking politics” on the forum.

@morphic to clarify no big deal, please carry on with the above message in mind.

@pippy900 to clarify no big deal, please carry on with the above message in mind.

Upon further review with the team we have decided to close this thread. We understand that a diversity of opinions exists in the world. Everyone is certainly entitled to whatever their opinion may be. However, in the same way discussion of what the video is saying is political discourse, the video in and of itself is political discourse as well. Keeping in line with our political discourse policy we are removing the link and closing the thread.

@pippy900 we invite you to continue to post your music here while keeping in mind our policy. At the end of the day we are a music forum and, as evidenced by the discussion that was brewing, content of this nature only pulls us away from that.