EQ VST Super Ultra Thread: The Final Frequency

ReaEQ is free but i don’t recommend using it in Ableton. Just stick to Ableton’s EQ8 . you will be fine.

Well when i was upgrade pathing for 10, i only had 3 but definitely 8, which i’m back to 8. Feels good to have Suite again. But, I still think for a quick smear of dB, eq 3 can hit the spot.

one thing to know, is that eq three actually changes the signal even with no boosts/cuts. It’s something to do with it trying to emulate a dj mixer eq. I mean… if it works it works, I wouldn’t worry. But it’s not your normal type of eq.

Oh no, I totally understand(without understanding it) that it is a dull-blade in a precise situation. But I’ve found in layering a lot of that doesn’t matter as much. I don’t pretend to be a wizard at all but shorting some mids or highs very quickly is nice. You also have to adjust it afterwards, if it doesn’t hit, etc. But if a DJ can use something as similar, I see it can be used similarly. More so, mix-wise. Piano too harsh in the mids, drop the mid -3dB etc, without dropping the entire channel down.

Not really a focus point.

And to be honest, I’ve never actually heard it change anything by putting it on the channel but I’ve only ever used it for layering sounds, more or less. That’s also from a later date.