BB92-Harmony

The theme of this beat battle is harmony. I simply wanted to have some chord related rules but feel free to interpret the theme further on different tangents be it structure, arrangement, some visualization that would guide your track etc etc

Start Date: 01:00 UTC- Jan 20th, 2019 07:00 UTC - Jan. 30th ,2019
End of entry window/Voting starts: 01:00 UTC- Jan 31st, 2019
Voting Ends/Winner prepares next battle:01:00 UTC- Feb 1st, 2019
Next Battle Begins: 01:00 UTC- Feb 2nd-3rd, 2019

COUNTDOWN CLOCK LINK: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190130T01&p0=1440&msg=BB+92&font=cursive

Rules:

1 Track must be noticeably rich in harmonic elements. Get your chords on!

2 Track must feature the use of a diminished chord and a suspended chord. You don’t have to go out of your way to make the use obvious, and I’m not gonna check for them, it’s honour system. The point is get your weird chords on! And if the notion makes you uncomfortable, its a good opportunity to explore this side of things and learn some new shit; you can still keep it simple.

3 Employ the use of a CHORUS effect somewhere in your track. Bonus points of its used in an interesting way but do what you must.

ps: As per my traditional bb add-on, the use of (human) voice samples or recording your own voice in any capacity is allowed and unrestricted, as long as you keep the content copyright free.

samples: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-jKRLSYNHltrD8x1-jmcX524mjdLhOdV

OR https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e3z1944wjkbmhd/bb92%20Samples.zip?dl=0

Beat Battle General Rules:

Beat Battles take place over the course of two weeks. The first ten days users will have to arrange, upload, and post their track to this forum. After this, the next three days users cast their votes for their favorite track. At the end of this, the winner will be announced, and they will then become the next Beat Battle host, and will have one day to construct a battle pack and begin the next Beat Battle.

Unless otherwise stated, the only sample/audio sources you may use for your song must come from the battle pack.

In the event of a tie, the battle host will decide the winner.

Ps: All skill levels welcome. Feel free to leave a blurb of feedback to the submitters. Please keep feedback constructive and don’t be dicks to each other.

This is one I think I can get down to… I have the samples ready and primed… could be OK maybe :stuck_out_tongue: <3 thanks @7asid !

I have never been a part of a beat battle before, I just wanted to make sure I’m crystal clear on the rules.

Am I only limited to samples provided in the pack?

Can I use my preferred wave table synths?

The provided samples can be the only sound source. For this specific bb you can record your voice or use copyright free voice samples too if you like. But yeah no synths. You can use samplers.

Got Max/MSP working on my computer… something weird happened in my profile, as it was working fine on any other user profile. Tried deleting it’s appdata folder, but no go. Was going hard in trying to debug a virtual memory access issue with one of Max’s threads, but fortunately I wiped my profile and that did it.

I did even save my appdata folder (since it wasn’t the issue anyway), and so I don’t have to redo all my keyboard and device mappings and things in REAPER, so I’m GOOD TO GO!!!

I’m also getting JACK working on my Linux laptop, for laptop music making with low latencies.

Anywho, let’s do this.

Anyone got something cooking? I haven’t got around to it yet.

I’ve had a poke about with the samples, no inspiration has struck as of yet though.

nah, not yet.

Yes, wondering if I should finish the lyrics I have or leave it vanilla

Just curious if I could put in motion a request for a 5 day extension?

Been busy with work and beginning of the year bills and just really annoying crap like continuously shoveling snow.

I’m not generally against. But if someone’s done on time and itching for a new BB, I understand that too. Feel free to start a poll on here and if it’s strongly leaning one way or another by deadline time we can revisit.

Yeah, sounds like a bit of a headache. I’ll just try to find time. Thanks anyway

Just realized this isn’t in the beat battle subforum!!

EDIT: got it worked out with @relic

Happy to help :slight_smile:

Ok we’re one day out and no subs. Yay or nay for extension.

• Yay
  • Nay

0 voters

if i don’t get something up by tomorrow then honestly i probably just won’t submit. I’ve been kinda focusing on other things lately, not putting a lot of time towards these, so, whatever people want to do, I’ll retain my vote in order to be perfectly neutral.

I have an entry, Just have been really fucking busy with working night shifts and snow removal… Had to stay in the same city I worked the roads were so bad

Treb, do you have a good case for nay? Otherwise I think I’ll extend. Maybe I scared everybody off with all the theory.

No reason other than I like consistency

Feel free to extend :+1: