The Hardware Megathread

Does it have to be JUST a keyboard, because I’ve heard good things about the Studiologic Sledge, but that’s a synth with a keyboard. Similarly, the Prophet Rev 2 is one of the better keyboards out there today, but it comes with that darned synthesizer attached to it. I mean, if you want GREAT, then the Roland D50 and Yamaha DX7 have some of the most highly praised keybeds of all time, but you have to buy a retro synth to get them.

If you want decent keys without too many frills, a Nektar Panorama T4 will do you (49 keys). I remember you were asking about sequencers recently too though, and you can get the Arturia Keystep Pro (49 keys) which just came out, and has enough sequencers built in that you could make a full song out of just playing and sequencing on that. Similar for the Novation Launchkey, which comes in 49 and 61 note versions.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll look into those

Never done the live lark, but been practicing today, love the Vermona Perfourmer

Dude, I’ve literally been waiting like almost 10 years to see something like this from you. When I’m off work I’m taking a close look/listen.

its only 30 seconds :rofl:

well that close look won’t take very long I guess then lmao (totally didn’t notice that at all)

goddammit, Novation has the Mono Station for €275 new…and now Polyend has reduced the price on the Medusa (and updated it)…

The MonoStation is awesome. If you haven’t, take a good look what the sequencer can do if that kind of thing interests you. Even just as an analog mono synth it sounds damn good. The filter overdrive and then three distortion flavors after the filter in the path. All the parameters have plenty of sweetspot to explore. Also has some ballsy knobs.

Did all the arm brackets come with your stand/rack, or did you purchase them and if so where from?

You’re such a tease…

The stand is a “Jaspers 170-4-150B” which i purchased from Thomann.

The stand has 4 tiers and ships 4 pairs of brackets (known as holders)

I originally ordered 3 extra pairs of holders with the stand, then later ordered another 3 pairs of shorter holders, all from Thomann.

A tease :rofl:

I want to play live but never have, so I’m trying to put something together, I’ve never been a keyboard player so at the moment i’m running midi from Ableton which leaves me free to knob tweak the synths. What i’m struggling with at the moment will probably be simple for others and thats triggering midi clips with push 2 in the session view to send to the hardware, sometimes they all trigger when i don’t want them to, sometimes they don’t loops how i want them to, sometimes they don’t trigger at all, sometime they won’t stop blah blah blah :rofl: I’m also deliberately performing tracks I’ve made in the past just so i don’t come across as noodling any random thing.

Got this other idea as well to have 2x Tascam 4-tracks, an old vestax mixer and eventide space , do a 30 minute live ambient set, I’ve ordered 4 x cassettes with 10 seconds of tape on them, so ill basically have sixteen tracks to mess with, if i feel i need some samples ill add the Yamaha SU10 just to keep things looking oldskool :grinning: i looked around youtube and I’ve not seen anybody DJ with 4-tracks so it’ll be something a bit different.

and then the bad news, i got a phone call on thursday to start back at work on monday :face_with_head_bandage:

The medusa looks/sounds great, my only problem with it is i have 3 elektrons that if i don’t use regular i forget how to use them, i look at the medusa i feel it might be similar in that way.

Model Cycle is a different story no menu diving, when i haven’t used it in a wile its pretty simple pick up where you left off.

The dude in Nine Inch Nails does that live.
He shows how on YouTube, but I can’t remember his name right now, so I am not of any help beyond this.
Edit: Italian fellow, Alessandro something iirc.

Yes he does, but he only uses one unit, I’m gonna hook up 2 like a pair of decks.

im a big Cortini fan, i have all his albums.

only just found out about the Tiptop audio ZVERB module, it sounds gorgeous, it would be like having an eventide space in my eurorack but everywhere has sold out, once upon a time i had my finger on the trigger and shot anything that moved :face_with_head_bandage:

Anyone have much experience with a sp 404?
I am looking for something to sync to my mpc and trigger long samples and effects.
I think the sp can stream long files off its sd card, is that correct?

I’d be careful with that ZVERB. It’s a serviceable reverb for sure but nowhere near an eventide space or an out of rack blue sky pedal. I had a ZVERB and, while it was great at filling the gap between elements in the mix, as a reverb unit I’d say it’s about a C +.