The Hardware Megathread

I think what I’m going to do is pick up a pair of Presonus Eris 3.5’s or Sterling Audio MX3’s and keep the Mackies and eventually replace the tweeters over time. I felt I needed a compelling reason to get some new monitors… Well, fried tweeters is a good enough reason.

Whenever I replace the tweeters, I’ll simply use the Mackies for my main workstation’s speakers (replacing the garbage Dell USB bar under one of my display monitors).

Why is no one talking about this? :eyes: (In general, on the internets, not here specifically)

$3 + velcro = pedal board…

Edit 1 Apparently Amazon has pretty inexpensive metal pedalboards these days (vs the ridiculously priced stuff from name brands)

Edit 2It’s also fairly flimsy :eyes:

I want this version/panel of the Doepfer 183-9 USB power:

But all I can find is this:

The first is much cleaner and less janky-looking. But I only have a pic on Modular Grid to go by. I should probably ask on ModWiggler :eyes: A lot of Doepfer modules in the “183 series” is making it a pain.

Edit 1 Or I can just stop worrying about it and run a cheap USB hub off of one of my USB power bricks. That sounds like a better idea, I have one in a drawer.

I use the larger version of it, Bräda. In time it has been host to a number of synths and always shined!
Now it holds the Mpc at the perfect angle and underneath it has enough space for a computer keyboard for extra space management. Absolutely essential on my workspace

I put my FMR RNLA on a little acrylic stand meant for displaying cupcakes and stuff, and beneath that tucked my Zoom MS-100BT multistomp. I got it working with my phone again and downloaded the “lofi delay” which has a built-in vinyl noise sim. Take that, SP-404…

I posted the wrong one lol. That one is holding my Phill Jones bass combo amp at an angle. The Bräda is the green one… I have a couple black ones stored away atm, I think I had planned to use them as stands previously.

oto boum

I’ve looked at this extensively and it does tick the boxes. While it does offer compression I feel it’s primarily geared toward distortion. I would like to try one though however the price point priced me out this go round.

I wound up just going with the gool ol’ Strymon Deco. Not sure if I’ll chuck it at the end of the chain or the beginning though. Picked up a zoom h5 at a reasonable price to record everything.

Here’s the single synth, looper & pedal system I built with a few new things and some things I had lying around from previous explorations. Just waiting on the freak and the zoom to arrive…

Microfreak
Deco
Microcosm (already had lying around)
Aeros Loop studio
Meris Polymoon (already had lying around)
Meris Mercury7 (already had lying around)
Zoom h5

Still on the quest for making music in the moment. Going to give the looper a crack with this one and see what happens.

It’s no Modular Grid, but it’s a fun little pedalboard planning site:

https://www.pedalplayground.com

Edit 1 Well, Modular Grid does do pedalboards, apparently :eyes:

^Cool!

I had no idea that existed. Some pedal boards I’ve seen recently are absolutely crazy.

I found several sites dedicated to it; Pedaltrain has one even. But I’ll be damned if so many of them, including Modular Grid, are missing a lot of pedals. I was hoping Modular Grid would be better since users can submit stuff. Looks like I need to submit some pedals :eyes:

I have other picks. But I figure my reputation should be shown to be worthy in other areas :joy:

Well that was an utter failure. I tried adding the Nux Analog Chorus and it’s waaaaay too big. Modular Grid said they would “resize it appropriately” :expressionless:

I spent a lot of time figuring out the PPI of my monitor, how to convert larger pictures to the right size, then I get to the end of the submission and see that, so I just put a picture, and they F it all to hell :joy:

This is too much work/effort.

Edit 1 The Mooer R7x2 I added appeared to work okay…

Edit 2 It’s late and I’m tired. I switched the width and height like a dummy…

I dont typically work like this, but I’m working on a track and all the hardware is firing on all cyllinders.

Sub37 Bass
Prophet 8 boards of canada warbly pad stuff
Virus lead
Boog Model D arp
(childrens voices sampled from Sesame Street)

Typically i sequence a part and track it into Ableton as I go, and build my arrangement with audio but this is really satisfying. Resampling the master channel as the arrangement plays and doing realtime synth manipulations is making for some nice organic modulation.

a secret pool

I really liked that, thanks for sharing. I love using weird/creepy/esoteric/unusual samples of words, I have a large collection XD and always have some loaded up on pads to fire off.

Edit 1Unrelated, Modular Grid wants people to use png but “If the jpg image has a white background it will be automatically replaced with a transparent background.”

Why would I not use jpg? :eyes: I’m not a photo cropping witch…

Photo Cropping Witch is my new band.

Digging it. Need to listen on something better than my phone :slight_smile:

As I add pedals I own to Modular Grid and they are not the right size in comparison to each other, and I verify the dimensions with a tape measure. Maybe it’s an experimental feature… or maybe they recommend png because it works better :eyes:

Edit 1 png does not work better… the file, however, was ten times larger :joy:

I think minimizing this setup for doing this sort of BOC style downtempo live (MPC as the heart of it) would be a blast. Whatever I dont end up carrying will get sampled/looped

A secret pool, great stuff I enjoyed the listen.

One of my single guitar stands is missing the rubber strap that goes over the neck to keep it on the stand if it’s jostled. I got hacky/crafty with some silicon straps for mounting bicycle hardware to the handle bars: