Pandemic social distancing diary thread

Well, as the saying goes, “Know your audience.”

but you can’t know every person you’ll ever encounter. Would you mask shame someone you hadn’t met before?

If they were laughing seconds before?..yes.

I’m in my backyard and saw my neighbor laughing seconds before typing this. And NO she was not wearing a mask. The SHAME of it all.

I’ve always preferred “idiot.”

I may have just bought a pretty badass Facehugger facemask.

It’s an interesting juxtaposition out there.

Those wearing masks think others who aren’t are dumb, and vice versa.

But people forget the purpose of wearing a mask is to not prevent yourself getting sick, but to prevent you from getting others sick. It’s a social consideration.

what’s wrong with people laughing?

The guy that mugged me the other day was wearing a mask. I thanked him for his consideration in these trying times.

YES, this is a thing I learned in Japan. But again, even there, people were (are) still wiping their eyes and spreading their filthy germs all over the trains

Ha. There was a dude at a punk show I went to in college who was screaming “What’s wrong with dancing???” While punching people. He was dragged out and got his ass kicked.

Which reminds me, I might make some stupid youtube video where I reenact an epic story. Shit, it’s not like I have anything better to do.

Off to do my shopping!

Waaaat.

What has that have to do with laughing? You realize the actions of one individual does not dictate how every human being acts and responds in/to social situations?

Also, with laughter, I can laugh at how preposterous that story is without getting upset.

“Don’t get technical with me.”

C3P0 kicking Artoo in frustration.

Me to all my local friends just now: wear a mask and come to walmart. The place is DESERTED.

“They won’t let you in without a mask, bro!”

“Yeah dude, I got one.”

I’ve never enjoyed Walmart more than today.

Lot of rancid SLC folk on the local news pages lately.

“THIS IS TYRANNY WHAT ABOUT MY LIBERTY MY FREEDOM WILL NOT BE ATTACKED LIKE THIS”

for having to wear a mask.

Like shit bitch, people forget any business has the right to serve whoever and however they want, cope harder.

Fuckin WORD

Lol, gas leak at my place. Chillin outside with a beer.

Ha! I just joked to somebody today that not wearing a mask in Illinois is like smoking in public in SLC. :joy::joy:

Somebody is blaring “Don’t Stop Believing” from the local highschool. I’m cutting this fucking Frontier chord in my backyard right now. Don’t worry, I’ll ground myself.

UPDATE: I cut that shit with a pair of scissors and threw the leftovers in my woodpile behind the creek. I’ve tried to get them out here to fix it before., and the property is deserted. I don’t need that shit in the mower (I pay people to mow my lawn, because I don’t have a garage.)

They make a god worthy Bourbon w the barrels of that beer. It is so sweet and dark caramel on its own its not even good to make mixed drinks with. Defo in my top three Bourbons.

That beer is amazing too :ok_hand::heart_eyes::+1:

Bulliet whiskey. Honey. Brown sugar. 7 whole cloves. Golden Delicious apples. Will be a month or so until ready. But prepping for the Covid banger we’ll have when we can! Recipe below.

I cant ever seem to put too little cinnamon so I dont anymore bc it just tastes like Fireball I spent too much money and time on.

Also, apple type affects the outcome. I used these bc they were gonna go bad. I like really tart or really sweet. Curious to see what middle of the road will be like.

2.5 medium sized apples ea jar. About an inch of honey. Two big three finger pinches of brown sugar. 7 whole cloves each. Fill w booze. These are tall skinny bell jars, tallest measurement marking is 18ozs. Took about 3/4 a fifth of Bulliet.