Pandemic social distancing diary thread

My face is not isometric. My nose is curved. I have a very minor speech impediment. I have VERY GOOD women friends who are the most amazing and talented people, but they’re ashamed of their eyebrows, and have never shown their face without them.

That being said, Modorf looks great (again, I don’t have a computer and can’t properly do the at mark tag thing).

I haven’t been truly clean shaven since…goddamn, probably 1997? Not joking, I’m not really sure what I look like under there, and it’s my face.

DO IT. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you see.

Men are as obsessed with their beards as women are with their hair…

I really don’t care about my hair. I’ve shaved my head every two weeks with the same 3/8" clipper guard since high school. The beard is mostly there because shaving is a pain in the ass and gives me razor burn if I don’t doctor it up, which is even more time consuming. I look however I look - I just need to be groomed enough that people don’t gag in meetings. I just have better things to do than spend 30 minutes coiffing my shit in the morning or trying not to miss a spot on my lip. Mostly, I’m just really lazy.

To your point, I’ve always said that hair is one thing everyone can fuck with, because nothing you do is permanent. I can dig why people mess with it so much, because it’s one of the few things about our appearance that’s temporary and easily malleable. I just don’t really give a shit about how I look after being marginally presentable, so I guess it’s mostly advice for other people…

damn dude 97, 23 year old beard is awesome…

lol I keep it trimmed (3/8", I literally just run the same clippers over my face that I do my hair), so it’s not technically the same beard, I guess.

I didn’t trim it for years, it was mid-belly, looked all ZZ Top or whatever. I used to keep pencils stuck in it at work, then forget about them and jab myself in the neck when I’d flop on the couch when I got home. That was a rough time, starting a business, working 14 hours days - a lot of shit went out the window, like personal grooming.

These days, I’ve got a career and an office and shit, and it’s easier to just trim it up than have someone tell me I’m looking ‘unkept’ or whatever. Upside of being in IT is that people have low expectations for personal appearance, so the bar is pretty low.

Am I the only one that realized that @moodorf posted a “approximation” photo and that’s not actually him by reading his post? Lol

Reverse image search IS a thing…

Nobody on IDMf just posts a stricken model photo like this (save for maybe @Vlantis)

I’m with Artificer. I don’t mind facial hair, and I just don’t care about it enough to shave everyday, or even every few days, and I don’t mind letting it grow out. Also, I kept a clean shaven appearance for the first 30 years of my life before I could grow any sort of decent facial hair, and I now no longer work with food so I have no real reason to shave, so beard it is.

Speaking of facial hair my Quaranbeard is growing along nicely

If I don’t counter the shaven homies here, who will?

@GomesR halp

Beardly:

<3 @IO_Madness

this thread needs more bearded metal face

Where the fuck were teachers like you when I was in school, damn :tropical_drink:

As a distinguished gentleman of a certain age, I knew immediately from moodorf’s photo that he was never going to dance again, because guilty feet have got no rhythm.

He definitely looks different than in his avatar

So far, all I’ve seen are lame attempts at beards. Keep up the good work. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Was at a testing center today. Slightly surreal experience.

I can’t grow a Grisly Adams, mine kind of just stops before that. I can do like a distinguished young Santa.

finished my gay scifi story, its 30 pages of crap…yea its so bad…i cant even…

For my next exercise im gonna write a twilight-esque story…but darker and less gay sparkly vampires…

yeah…quarantine sucks…

brightside…
goodbye shitty televsion…

I was scolded today at work by a manager for taking a bathroom break.

“I need you to focus on your job and stop wandering around the plant!”

My saw was in use by somebody else, and the truth was, that if I focused on my job, I would have been out of there at 10. Instead I managed until 11:30.

Paid rent, got some computer stuff going on, etc…

There’s already people skirting the rules with the mask stuff. “They only say you have to WEAR IT. They didn’t say where.” Ohhhh god, what a fucking shitshow.