In regards to hans Zimmer, orchestral stuff and using soundfonts and the like

Right so does he just resample samples of stringed instruments…that come with sample libraries that you pay for…

If you dont know He does the compositional score for a lot of movies…to the point of overkill…but hey cant get mad at a dude for working…

but anyways does he just use sample libraries…or records his own instruments…or synthesizes it…or a combo of all three…

Small bunch of players for dynamics with synth libraries to beef up the sound. Very cost effective.

I think form is very important. It is difficult to do it, but without it in any way.

@bfk You must download some tutorials about orchestration.

Maj7 sounds bad
So do Aug, and diminished chords
When using synths when I make a track…I guess because of the harmonics and the tones…

As for minor and sus chords sometimes yes and sometimes no

Drum, bass, and power chords work the easiest and are quicker…

But Unless I play around with the fundamental tone and key modulation…the jazz chords sound dissonant…

The most success I’ve have was to start of with a chord like E and break up the chord by having an individual element play a note from the chord E and develop a progression with one element soloing while another element varies the chord progression sequence and bass just follows…I suppose I could make complementary progression for each element i.e. by certain element play complimentary scales while others sustain the key or something…