IDMf0XX: Date Night: Submission Open. Deadline 01/04/2019

This is getting really exciting!

I say let’s just make a private group for all of us making actual remixes and we all take a bit of leadership. I can start designing some art, even.

So far we have (correct when wrong, just trying to keep a public record) :

metaside X city at worlds end
relic X jbvd493
TVMcC X (open - maybe me :))
Vlantis X city at worlds end (might not happen)
White_Noise X (single and ready to date)
metaside X Qianta
Jazzyspoon X (single and ready to date)
Relix X XiTau
Xitau X (taken but might be open to dating)

Wow yeah this is super exciting!

@nose Thanks for the pickup! I’ll give it another day to see if any of the other single types want to get our groove on! Feel so foolish to have such hot dancer asking me to bust out my best running man, and saying gimme a moment…please don’t take offense.

@all participating:

Are we doing remixes, or freshly created diddi’s?

Its all remixes or collabs. No single artist tracks. Gotta somehow involve at least two peeps.

I do have something that I’m currently working on. Now, it’s only 64 bars long, and it only has about 8 elements, but there is plenty of scope. I can’t really do a collab at this late stage, as being hardware/no DAW based, but I can record the tracks separately in the recorder to give someone stems to work with. This would suit someone who wants to do something quite laid back and chilled. It’s at 120 bpm I think. Won’t know for sure until tonight when I set up. At that time I’ll post the track as is, and if anyone’s interested, I’ll record the tracks and line them up. Sorry been out of action for a bit and flu twice since New Year.

What is the vibe like? Could it become house-y/nu disco ish? Might be interested. Id probably want to do something DJ friendly and dance-y?

Ill take a listen tonight if I can. But defo interested in fuxting w some hardware recordings.

I would say that it’s possible, It’s kind of lounge styled house if that makes any sense, as I’m shit at defining genres to by honest.

Sounds great. Ill have a listen tonight or tomorrow…but defo interested!

https://soundcloud.com/user-751907825/rule-number-1-the-teknomagewav/s-G2YNG
O.K. Here it is: “Rule Number 1”

Things to mote.

There’s some interference between the vocal and metallic crash. That’s due to the SU 200’s limitations and clips the vocal short in places and changes the sound of the crash when they are played at the same time. You won’t have that as all parts will be recorded separate. The vocal clips are in the public domain , free for all use.

The little melody/riff going on was played in by hand, so the timing moves on and off. I did not quantize it, I never do, as I like the nuance in the music.

There are no FX at all on this bar the ones being used by the JV1010. I’ve enabled downloads, so if you think you might be interested, you can download it and listen to it in the 24 bit it was recorded in through your DAW. Don’t skin up first though, as you’ll probs end up zoning out.

I am currently doing a collaboration EP with a buddy, could easily throw a tune on here if it doesn’t effect us still putting it out on our EP later!?

@ReWIR3D

I don’t have a problem with that. I figure its extra promo coverage for both of us. We can cross link etc. when the time comes for each release.

I’m trading some stems with witenois

Yeah, there is a separate remix compilation for the Kallisti release, gonna post some more info about it and a preview soon in the Kallisti release thread (that remix compi is not a netlabel project, but more like an IDMF community project with only soft review). In principle, there is still time to submit a remix for this (final “inofficial” deadline is end of this month) but there are already 13 tracks and I would really love to see a lot of submissions for this new IDMF compilation, so I would recommend everybody to put all energy into this, at least if you have not already started a remix for the Kallisti thingy!

Let’s talk timing, I’ve been leaving this a bit loose as I knew there might not have been much traction.
How about 4/5 weeks from now?

I’m good for it, it seems so far there’s enough stuff in the works to make it happen.

I might be able to squeeze out another track if anyone is down to throw some stems. I don’t really have any at the moment but I"m happy to work with some.

@Auto-meh-geddon that seems fair to me. I’ve got a real solid start on my first track.

Yessir, happy to report, both projects pretty close to finish!

So… just asking for a friend… what is the max number for submissions again…?

Did we all agree want to vote on artwork? Anybody else in trying to make some? I know it’s a month away but I think I might start trying some ideas out - would be cool if we had art work locked down early before release mayhaps.

We used to do the artwork thing closed doors but I liked having the thread with everyone’s interpretations and voting - just one more community thing to work together on :slight_smile:

@nose new Date Night artwork thread up

I’m sort of lonely and would like some stems or so. :frowning:

Initial project didn’t really move at all. Any takers? I’ll be reading through the thread, as well, to see if there is any one.

No limit, as they are collaborations, each one is treated as a different artist