[idm/glitch/electronic] xvf - epoch (complete as of 07/06/19)

I finished making my idm/glitch/elctronic album

I just tried to combine vaetxh, boc, and xanopticon whilst incorporating some other influences from other artists/genres,

so here:

whatever critique you have to offer (if any) is welcome, my feelings wont be hurt, i dont hold any illusions…

if you happen to listen to it, either way thank you for your time…

edit: did some more work on tracks 12, 7, and 13, because it sounded off, if you think those tracks suck feel free to say so…

2 Likes

I love those rustling drums. I don’t want to say too much while it’s still wip, so I’ll just say I’m excited to hear that when it’s finished. Keep at it xenophobic vagina fart

1 Like

@Lug one question is everything equally distributed across the stereo field I need a second pair of ears being that I started having what is hopefully temporary hearing issues and as a result everything doesnt sound centered

mm everything sounds centered. Actually now that you mention it you could spread it out a little more.
I’m listening to Icarus for reference

1 Like

ok, thank you so much :slight_smile: i was worried that it was f’ed beyond listenablitiy i guess that means that I just have to take better care if my ears, fyi I tried tweaking the track for a few hours today and i cant gauge it properly when listening and plus some frequencies seem to cancel out making some of the elements inaudible, ill take another stab when my ears heal, as for now ill start working on the other tracks,

also thanks @Lug for lending me your ears…

what happened btw?

my right ear just gave out after spending hours on end fucking around with the stereo field gainstaging/limiting everything and constantly listening to it with the volume setting on my laptop being at the max, no pain or anything it just makes everything sound off center…

I finished making the album, bump because of update

I am totes checking this out!!!

1 Like

Bump because curious as to how my overall idea execution was on this…According to the stats on BC and YouTube this is mediocre as well…be warned its 47:00 min of music…i feel that some of the tracks might be too repetitive and the mix could be better…

Tl;dr so yeah just looking for someone to grade my homework like Simon Cowell does on agt…

Hi, I think production is pretty good and some ideas are great but at the end it lacks of polish and that finalization feel from composition perspective. Too many tracks end just like they start and some don’t feel they’re going anywhere, they’re very unidirectional with just a single idea, some are a bit rough and are definitely still in WIP but you decided to let them go. Try doing smaller EPs of 4-5 tracks and build some strong concept and relation between pieces rather than big releases like that where you put everything you got. But that’s up to you, really…

You can do great stuff, just spend more time on your tracks, combine ideas together, replace weaker sections, etc… You’re still one of the better producer dudes here on IDMf and I wish you to keep improving because I believe in you.

3 Likes