Can someone help me find this album?

There was a song my dad played when I was a kid on an album I have been looking for for a long time. It was somewhere between 2000 - 2003. I think the song that he played was called ‘Cornered’ and the album cover was a picture of a punched in hole in the wall. I don’t remember the full song, just the beginning, but I never forgot it and even recreated the sound from memory just so I could hear it again. It sounded very dark and experimental. I would really love to hear the full album and especially that song. Hopefully someone here has an idea. :slight_smile:

You need to be more specific - unless someone knows the song, nobody will be able to help.

• What genres would this fit in? (think about how it would have been described then, not now)
• Instrumental or with a singer? If singer, male or female?
• Band or solo project?
• Country?
• Release date? (you say 2000-2003 but I understand that’s when you were listening to it, not necessarily the origin of the song)

Here’s what I would do:

Go to Discogs.com. Type “Cornered”. Look at the “Release” tab. Then use the filters on the left and look at what turns up, maybe something will trigger your memory. I know it’s frustrating not to find a song that you used to love. Got a couple of those myself from the mid 90’s. Good luck!

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=cornered&type=release

you might be able to hum it into google assistant

When I first saw this thread I thought I’d try to help. I punched ‘cornered’ into discogs’ song search, ran it on the years 2000-2003 and found pretty much nothing of the sort.

As @morphic stated, if you heard it between 2000-2003 it’s likely older (or perhaps much older for all we know), and knowing the genre or any other details would be helpful if you still want to find it. Hell, even uploading your recreated version might help you to find it faster.

I’m usually good at hunting stuff like this down, but it’s easier when you know what you’re looking for so Discogs is your friend here probably, they have pretty much everything cataloged

@xSANTAxDURSTx Given the probable age of the father, I thought it sounded like some obscure 90’s grunge or rock. Some maybe like an early 90’s or late 80’s record.

@thegoatboy that is a fucking brilliant idea I’ll have to remember.