How to get the "huge" "big" sound
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Mason Bane
Soundwave Mangler
Mason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2109
How to get the "huge" "big" sound

In this video I show how to instantly get that "huge" "big" sound when mastering.

Advertisements

Mason Bane is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Mason Bane
hotwatermusic (08-06-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Oscifer
Minor Glitch
Oscifer is just really niceOscifer is just really niceOscifer is just really niceOscifer is just really niceOscifer is just really nice
Milwaukee, WI
MC Status: 410
Re: How to get the "huge" "big" sound

definitely gonna check this out as I start into the mastering process of my album. Gracias amigo.
Oscifer is offline   Thanks
Old 17-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Nevermind
Minor Glitch
Nevermind will become famous soon enough
Hudiksvall, Sweden
MC Status: 60

Thanks man, I really respect people like you, contributing with your knowledge!

Best Regards
Nevermind is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Nevermind
hotwatermusic (17-06-2013)
Old 18-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Van Straaten
IDMf's latest spammer
Van Straaten will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Gonna start using this when I master my tracks.
Van Straaten is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
Optimal Prime
Deep Underground
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 7510

Did you take the video down Mason? I had it saved and was gonna have another view to properly look into what your techniques were but it says it's no longer available.

------------------
Optimal Prime & Mavamatics - Hypnosis feat. Mc Longman [Seismic Theory]

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks
Old 23-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
istinspring
Minor Glitch
istinspring has a spectacular aura aboutistinspring has a spectacular aura about
Ko Samui / Thailand
MC Status: 160

all the fat should be done right before mastering process, it's not about "mastering" at all.

to get fat and wide sound you should use a lot of processing (distortion, modulations, maybe even make few layers with different processing pipelines) for each instrument, , and this mean a lot of rendering sounds into wave files (and also very good thing that you can cut and play with your sounds more better than if you use midi data for synth)

for mastering - maybe a bit of eq (but this mean that you don't do job on mixer, better to step back), maybe exciter, maybe stereo imager (but again this should be done in mixer), MB compressor (carefully) and Limiter. Many dudes just put only limiter on master and all other tasks they do in mixer for each instruments.
istinspring is offline   Thanks
Old 23-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
Regular Freak
118912 is a jewel in the rough118912 is a jewel in the rough118912 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by istinspring View Post
all the fat should be done right before mastering process, it's not about "mastering" at all.

to get fat and wide sound you should use a lot of processing (distortion, modulations, maybe even make few layers with different processing pipelines) for each instrument, , and this mean a lot of rendering sounds into wave files (and also very good thing that you can cut and play with your sounds more better than if you use midi data for synth)

for mastering - maybe a bit of eq (but this mean that you don't do job on mixer, better to step back), maybe exciter, maybe stereo imager (but again this should be done in mixer), MB compressor (carefully) and Limiter. Many dudes just put only limiter on master and all other tasks they do in mixer for each instruments.
indeed, although i guess the video might be talking about getting the mix fat during mastering, when you can't change it in the mix (maybe it's a single audio file sent to you to master it, and so you dont have acces to the tracks), which could be really interesting
118912 is offline   Thanks
Old 23-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Benwaa

no video = pointless thread.
closed.

Advertisements

Thanks
Closed Thread