[Question] FL Studio Volume problem?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 18-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area
MC Status: 2910
[Question] FL Studio Volume problem?

Hey, I was working on a track today, And i put some FX on it, in the beginning its too quiet, Then later on its loud as hell. Im not sure why its doing this?

Example : 0:13 - 0:19 is the quiet prt, then 1:08 its loud as hell, even though the volumes are the same in both sections.

Advertisements

------------------
NightlightSociety is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589230
Thanked 7,966 Times in 5,598 Posts
Re: [Question] FL Studio Volume problem?

There is absolutely no way for anyone to answer this question based on what you've told us. Turn off the FXs one at a time until the problem goes away.

Maybe compression or limiting?

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Beagz
Soundwave Mangler
Beagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant futureBeagz has a brilliant future
Sydney
MC Status: 1560

the level of the fx might be the same but the level of the pluck definitely isnt. The pluck at the beginning seems louder and is occupying more of a freq. range then at 1:08. Hence your fx will come through clearer and louder at 1:08 than at the beginning when it's fighting to be heard.

Try compressing the pluck sound ...

as for the track itself, dunno if you've finished it as far as layout goes but it should definitely have more going on or more variance in the melody. i feel like i could put the first 64bars on loop and it would be the same track basically. it's a nice melody though

<3
Beagz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Beagz
NightlightSociety (18-08-2012)
Old 18-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
essenthy
IDMf Artist
essenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MCessenthy is a savage MC
Tokyo-3
MC Status: 19518492

its not loud as hell , what kind of volum are you expecting from adding more elements to your mix ..?

------------------
essenthy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to essenthy
NightlightSociety (18-08-2012)
Old 18-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

Which FX did you load?
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
smashingpoop
Knob Twiddler
smashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MCsmashingpoop is a savage MC
MC Status: 846384

I didn't really listen to the track but check if you don't have two blocks on top of each other. Or accidentaly recorded two of the same things over each other or didn't accidentally record a volume automation somewhere on one of the channels or the main volume fader.

------------------
Yes
smashingpoop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischjok View Post
Which FX did you load?
just an uplifter and downlifter from vengeance effects vol 1.

------------------
Old 18-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589230
Thanked 7,966 Times in 5,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojaimusic View Post
just an uplifter and downlifter from vengeance effects vol 1.

SO....when you say FX you don't mean a VST effect unit...you mean an audio file from a vengeance pack? Just to be clear...

They more audio files you have playing at once the louder things are going to be. Gain staging/EQing might be your problem here...

...but don't listen to me, I can't be arsed to listen to the thing.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagz View Post
the level of the fx might be the same but the level of the pluck definitely isnt. The pluck at the beginning seems louder and is occupying more of a freq. range then at 1:08. Hence your fx will come through clearer and louder at 1:08 than at the beginning when it's fighting to be heard.

Try compressing the pluck sound ...

as for the track itself, dunno if you've finished it as far as layout goes but it should definitely have more going on or more variance in the melody. i feel like i could put the first 64bars on loop and it would be the same track basically. it's a nice melody though

<3
Tytytytytyty, I found it, for some reason, Everything is layered on top of eachother like 3 times, instead of one copy of everything in the playlist. So thats another problem i dont know how to solve unless i do it manually.

Advertisements

------------------