A Complete Theory Course - from Clefs to Composition! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
MRQ.9
Regular Freak
MRQ.9 is currently spamming hard
A very bad place
MC Status: 10
Re: A Complete Theory Course - from Clefs to Composition!

Perhaps I didn't look around the site enough, but judging from the syllabus summary - it's basically what I had in music college. ~Average quality course. Now I'm not saying it's all lies and bull. You certainly can pick up some useful info from it if you look for it, but the way this course is done is very outdated. What I mean by that it has loads of information but is badly constructed as a course itself (i.e. it makes A LOT more sense to study non chord tones after modulation, and the lesson doesn't give them the attention they deserve anyway). It's just info copied from 50y/o books and put in the same order it was in those books.
Also I couldn't find any deep info on managing dissonance (which is maybe one of the ultimate building blocks of composition, the other one being function). Not a lot info on function either, btw.

To give my words some credit - I've had 2 years of basically the same course which didn't make much sense for me (forcing me to drop the college) and am currently studying film-scoring in various styles.
Be sure to read through this course anyway, but keep in mind that you'll be missing a moderate amount of INSANELY important stuff.

Last edited by MRQ.9; 09-05-2013 at 05:01 PM..

Advertisements

MRQ.9 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
stack overflow
Minor Glitch
stack overflow has a spectacular aura aboutstack overflow has a spectacular aura aboutstack overflow has a spectacular aura about
spain-italy
MC Status: 210
Re: A Complete Theory Course - from Clefs to Composition!

great!

Advertisements

stack overflow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote