[House] ElectroMass - Condition Yourself (First house tune)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-02-2018, 05:09 AM   #1
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492408
[House] ElectroMass - Condition Yourself (First house tune)

Hello Guys,

It's been a while since I have posted on here. It may be my first house tune but I've been working professionally in audio for 10 years now and making tunes for 15. I'm not a house fan but I organise a festival called Jai Thep and it has a lot of house and techno. This has inspired me to dip my toe in as it were.

Enjoy and tell me what you think house heads!

Advertisements

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] ElectroMass - Condition Yourself (First house tune).
Old 24-02-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45967448
Thanked 1,232 Times in 946 Posts
Re: [House] ElectroMass - Condition Yourself (First house tune)

I'm not a house a head but I like it...
but i'm not sure about the beginning with that wub fitting in the beginning but it works during the transitions though, the lead that comes in could be more rhythmic maybe add a gate when it plays along with the kick drum in the first part, when the lead stands by itself during the beginning and the transition parts is fine and I see that you side chained it later on that also works.. don't really have much else to add.

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510

I'm a house head and I don't know what to say Does that help ? xd

I defnitely liked when the tremolo kind of thing came in, at second minute or so. But I'm not sure if those two things work well together: the tremolo-thingy and the high lead at the beginning playing together.

Nice idea though, I imagined such track banging at the whatever-festival you are doing It would catch my attention
pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

I started to listen to house last year and making it this year. I was more like a metal, jazz - head. But if there is a kick 4/4 - it's house for me. I think it's great. If you are in other genres - your house is better than people who are only 'edm-heads'. I like the originality. The chords are very catchy! And it's keeping listener's attention all the time. I really think that people from other genres make the takeover of House as it is commercially degenerated in the moment
Keep it up!
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 12:25 AM   #5
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 125610
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,473 Posts

I remember you from a long time ago when you posted tunes here. Still cool af. This is like house but very psychedelic. Psy-house? New term, please add this to wikipedia and name me as first person mentioned this for extra points!. I like the production, it kind of want to be a neurofunk or something, but it's framed into house-like beats and structure. Wonky as hell and very unique.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 02:18 AM   #6
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

This was not what I was expecting at first, but it grew on me pretty quickly

Definitely has some really cool sound design and is interesting.
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 04:36 AM   #7
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9910

Think this has a lot of solid progression from one section to the next, I like all the elements you've used and how they work together. It fits into that House/Techno genre very well with its subtle glitching, bubbling and easy to follow 4/4 beat structure. That said I find it's a bit sterile in the sense that it's incredibly crisp, and think it could benefit from added reverb in places to increase the atmosphere you've created, it feels a touch wooden as is.

This also made me think of the lead synth from I Need Air by Magnetic Man even though that is a different genre, the note progression is almost identical, but I prefer the lead wubbing over stabbing - I gotta say very wonky and well automated. It could do with being fatter in places, maybe thinning out as it builds to bring it back in (like a mini drop), through added verb or unison, maybe a touch of both?

This could easily hook the crowds attention as it is... but with a bit of added presence (think big room, big beat) this could stand out from the crowd of saturated house tunes. Thanks for sharing I thoroughly enjoyed the listen, if anything I'm being overly critical

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 05:56 AM   #8
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC

Br/ainfu+ked - Thank you the positive and constructive feedback. The bass is quite abrupt and I did that for effect actually. Clearly it didn't translate as well as I hoped. I like the comment about making the lead rhythmic and I actually would have but my Camel Space plug doesn't work with the new OS. Sad times for VSTs.

pkreegi - Thanks for comments man. I agree that the elements could work more affectively. It's done to me being a bit lazy and not spending the time to refine them holistically. Good point.

PPNDP - Thank you for the lovely comments

------------------
Old 14-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #9
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
That said I find it's a bit sterile in the sense that it's incredibly crisp, and think it could benefit from added reverb in places to increase the atmosphere you've created, it feels a touch wooden as is.)
Thanks for the excellent break down, much appreciated. Moving on to business I actually agree it's a little too cutting so with this in mind I've, very subtly mind you, brought the reverb up on a few things to make it less crisp. It's helped a few things sit better as well i think so thank you for the excellent ears.

ms_

hey man, yeah its been a while actually. I haven't been on the web much because I've been concentrating on event management these last 3 years, but I've missed the community and started to make tunes more frequently now. It's funny you mention neurofunk because all the percussion is from that neck of the woods and obviously a passion of mine. Good to be back and if psy-house becomes a thing I'll make sure you coined the phrase first hahaha

JKillz

It's not really house, is it? I can't put a genre on it but glad you got into the style. Took me about a month to make this and I tried my best on the sound design and micro edits and shizz. Thanks for the positive words

------------------
Old 17-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Lovin it, man.. I'd echo some of the comments about it being a bit sterile sounding. Having a slightly worse mix would give it a bit more attitude or something But you're on to something with this, has a wicked weird vibe to it. It's not that different from the 'house' I try to make. I guess we could start the Outsider House movement now, lol.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:07 PM   #11
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
Lovin it, man.. I'd echo some of the comments about it being a bit sterile sounding. Having a slightly worse mix would give it a bit more attitude or something But you're on to something with this, has a wicked weird vibe to it. It's not that different from the 'house' I try to make. I guess we could start the Outsider House movement now, lol.
I'm all for starting a scene. I love old chemical brothers music and a lot of bigbeat at the time. Doing house feels like an extension of that. I've added a bit more reverb to parts and generally clean some stuff up.

Thanks for the feedback

------------------
Old 23-04-2018, 03:08 AM   #12
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio Tainted View Post
... I've, very subtly mind you, brought the reverb up on a few things to make it less crisp. It's helped a few things sit better as well i think so thank you for the excellent ears.
Love the polish you've applied, micro edits and the general space is on point. How long did the whole thing take to craft by the way? Not in a general month or three sense, rather pure hours invested?

You're very welcome, you've taken it up a level & I can't find anything that bugs me now... might have to unclick repeat now... soon...

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #13
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 4960

The mix sounds really nice, alot of skill at work. I would like to hear a melodic line or idea then "drop" to some of the sounds you have in your track. But that is my taste, I'm not a huge fan of just "Trance" like music. But everything sounds great.

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Love the polish you've applied, micro edits and the general space is on point. How long did the whole thing take to craft by the way? Not in a general month or three sense, rather pure hours invested?

You're very welcome, you've taken it up a level & I can't find anything that bugs me now... might have to unclick repeat now... soon...
Thanks mate. It's hard to judge time spent but its at least 60 hours or more. Sound design sessions before I even start to produce is about 8 hours, then making the body of the tune normally takes a weeks work putting about 4 hours in each day. A tune of this complexity normally takes me a 3 weeks, easier songs normally 2 weeks.

Thanks again mate <3

------------------
Old 01-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #15
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481058
Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,083 Posts

Glad to see you back here!

I love the intro bit, that synth line got my attention straight away and I was curious to see where this would go.
I love the track, it flows nicely, keeps moving and plenty of little details keep it interesting, I'm not too sure about the wobble though.

JUST DO NOT TOUCH THE SECTION AROUND 2:21: it's perfect!

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote