IDM in NYC?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 26-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
beautifulhurl
Regular Freak
beautifulhurl is a jewel in the roughbeautifulhurl is a jewel in the roughbeautifulhurl is a jewel in the rough
Baltimore
MC Status: 260
IDM in NYC?

Hello! I'm wondering if any of you all know some IDM artists from NYC. I'm curious what sort of scene there is in that city for IDM, if any at all.

Advertisements

beautifulhurl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:19 PM   #2
beautifulhurl
Regular Freak
beautifulhurl is a jewel in the roughbeautifulhurl is a jewel in the roughbeautifulhurl is a jewel in the rough
Baltimore
MC Status: 260
Re: IDM in NYC?

Nothing??
beautifulhurl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110850
Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,421 Posts

I don't know if we have any forum members in NYC tbh.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:23 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
MC Status: -2147481797
Thanked 1,176 Times in 777 Posts

Brainfucked might be (IIRC), but he doesn't seem to be on much lately
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45967498
Thanked 1,233 Times in 947 Posts

I was involved in the music scene in nyc scene for like five seconds, but life happened and I saw what music scenes are about and it didn't appeal to me, and I'm not talented enough. Just get some hardware and network with fellow gearheads and maybe coders (people who use max and puredata all those modular based daws). Or you can Go to underground raves and live shows and network, just do some research and find out what gigs your favorite idm artists are playing and take it from there, check resident advisor i think thats the site sometimes facebook has dnb events, I think dnb and the circuit bending scene is closest you'll get to idm in nyc (concrete jungle is the name of the dnb group). But that was a few years ago those guys probably moved on to other things. It happens.

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
brooklyn
MC Status: 32060

Go to Muffwiggler. There's a dude that runs gatherings at Muchmores and people do play sets there.

I'm too busy with RL to make friends with those guys, but they're around. Also go talk to the guys at Control in Brooklyn, they have show flyers laying around the store every once in a while.

------------------
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to g0lem
Br/ainfu+ked (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 12:57 AM   #7
Lalo
Minor Glitch
Lalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Trousseaux, a guy from Poland was active in NYC lately. Now he's again in PL, but he's mobile. It's not actually IDM, but he's working with such artists and he mixes styles

Advertisements

Lalo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote