Question for producers (any level) - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 23-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #21
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222284484
Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,771 Posts
Re: Question for producers (any level)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillDarling View Post
Hey everyone...thanks for taking the time to reply. It's been very helpful!

It seems what I got from this is a few things:

1. A tutorial should be brief, clear and to the point.
2. Not just about "sounding like so and so producer" (although, who of us started by being inspired / trying to replicate an artist we loved? Probably all). It's how we learn the basics and skills before developing a unique sound.
3. New kit reviews.

In terms of my reasons for asking, there are a lot of random tutorials out there and I think they could be done better! It will also improve my skills to know something so well as to teach it to others.
if youre determined to do the same old beginner tutorials and how to sound like big Davey Simons videos then go for it but if you want to display your skills as a musician and a video duude then id love to see some videos that discuss more advanced elements/ideas relating arrangement/composition. Thats an actual challenge *chalks eye* and that's my view in that

my phone wanted to write chalks eye so I let it x

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #22
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239029

I would want there to be less video tutorials, and more written text. Reading isn't that hard, and going back and forth between different parts of a piece of text is way more comfortable than doing the same on a video. Videos are mostly useful for "hey, look at this!" kind of things where you just get some idea or inspiration, not for walk-throughs or in-depth tutorials.

As far as themes go, more composition. Not just "here's a melody I made", but going through the process and the theory behind it. World music and more experimental IDM would be interesting areas to cover.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Blingley
relic (26-08-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #23
godzillawed
IDMf's latest spammer
godzillawed has a spectacular aura aboutgodzillawed has a spectacular aura about
Saint Petersburg, FL
MC Status: 160

I think theres already a million tutorials out there so maybe be a little more unorthodox and talk about some things people forget to focus on.

Like little things you may know about getting a track started or how to pull to parts of a song together. or how to keep things interesting. Maybe make each video a different project or song youre working on and you can teach them some things about work flow. Then, as you go, you can teach them all the inbetweens as in little fun tricks or facts. Like how to automate when you get to that part of a song. or how to eq when you wanna change something. I think that would be cool and would give it a more personal feel.

Advertisements

godzillawed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote