Had a few drinks last night and bought an analog rytm with my student loan - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 29-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #21
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 37960
Re: Had a few drinks last night and bought an analog rytm with my student loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Me too, but I am eyeing an a4 instead!
Guitar amps first tho!
Lol.. Now you sound exactly like me.

Do yourself a favor and don't google "tone King amps"

Advertisements

mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #22
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC

Not sure what kind of amp you're after, but I've had a peavy delta blues for a looooong time and it's terrific.

I really think the peavy classic series is really excellent for the money. In kind of staunch tube amp advocate, and they're probably the most value for the money I can think of.

EDIT: also, these pedals are fantastic.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Between the clean and dive channel, and that pedal, I can really get a ton of tones.

Last edited by mnkvolcno; 29-08-2016 at 02:40 PM..
Old 29-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #23
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 70110
Thanked 1,402 Times in 1,021 Posts

Well, shit! Just on my lunch break I went and ordered the damn thing. I don't even have the hey I was drunk excuse. Just too easy to order stuff these days. Wifey is gonna murder me.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
mnkvolcno (29-08-2016)
Old 29-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #24
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Well, shit! Just on my lunch break I went and ordered the damn thing. I don't even have the hey I was drunk excuse. Just too easy to order stuff these days. Wifey is gonna murder me.
Hahahah... Hell yes.

Well, you might get rap on and off from the misses for a few months, but you've got one of the best drum machines ever made for life.

Besides, she should've known what she got into when she married a musician (I use this line all the time).
Old 29-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #25
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 35510

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Not sure what kind of amp you're after, but I've had a peavy delta blues for a looooong time and it's terrific.

I really think the peavy classic series is really excellent for the money. In kind of staunch tube amp advocate, and they're probably the most value for the money I can think of.

EDIT: also, these pedals are fantastic.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Between the clean and dive channel, and that pedal, I can really get a ton of tones.
Looking at mainly orange terror series, probably the dark terror.

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #26
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Ah yes. Well I know nothing about getting a metal tone. :/

My fav is the old school twangy and crunchy blackface sound. Hoping one day I can afford a legit blackface clone with an attenuator on it.
Old 29-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #27
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 70110
Thanked 1,402 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Hahahah... Hell yes.

Well, you might get rap on and off from the misses for a few months, but you've got one of the best drum machines ever made for life.

Besides, she should've known what she got into when she married a musician (I use this line all the time).
Thing is: I'm an amateur hack and picked up the producing habit well over a decade into our marriage. So, definitely getting murdered.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #28
vashima
IDMf Supporter
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Quote:
Don't regret it one bit. I'm gonna be rollin in the cheese when I finish my jazz degree anyway.
Get drunk again and buy me one! I'll pm you my address.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:18 PM   #29
makrsamples
Regular Freak
makrsamples will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Reminds me of when I bought a mixer to DJ with using student loan money Life is about choices, eh?

Advertisements

makrsamples is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote