Most realistic sounding Piano VST - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 27-05-2016, 07:50 AM   #41
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: Most realistic sounding Piano VST

I find a lot of the sampled grands too bright. My favourite is Native Instruments "the gentleman" which is a Kontakt instrument. I play it with a weighted keyboard and pedal, and it's honestly better than my electric pianos in built piano sounds. I went to a studio to play on a Grand last week and it was a wonderful experience, but much easier to record in Midi and use a well sampled piano for now!

The Giant and Alicias Keys are also pretty good, just not so much to my taste.

Advertisements

Luke_Nukem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #42
eeRie.
Regular Freak
eeRie. has a spectacular aura abouteeRie. has a spectacular aura abouteeRie. has a spectacular aura about
Stavanger, Norway
MC Status: 210

It depends what kind of sound you want, i like alicias key's for a more pop sound, if im in the "classical" mood i turn to one of many great sample pianos from Spitfire Audio... i.e felt piano, which sounds, amazing.
eeRie. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #43
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65510
Thanked 1,310 Times in 987 Posts

get a bunch of ROMpler VSTi's and SoundFont's and play them simultaneously. It can work nicely if you have the right combo.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 AM   #44
Syllix
Eternal Echoer
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Nukem View Post
I find a lot of the sampled grands too bright. My favourite is Native Instruments "the gentleman" which is a Kontakt instrument....

The Giant and Alicias Keys are also pretty good, just not so much to my taste.
Nice. I was looking at The Gentleman myself. I currently use Alicia's Keys but it's a bit on the metallic side with some annoying overtones sometimes - takes a bit of EQ and tweaking to get it to sound the way I want.

To help showcase Alicia's Keys a bit, here's a short piano / ambient song I made with some reversed notes mixed in that I made a couple of years ago if anyone's interested:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #45
Jonahh
IDMf's latest spammer
Jonahh is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I personally love to record piano, but if I'll have to go with VST I would definitely recommend The Giant or Alicias Keys. Both have very authentic sound and especially with Alicias Keys the velocity etc. work very much like a real piano.
Jonahh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #46
mbietenholz
IDMf's latest spammer
mbietenholz is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBeckhart View Post
Hey ya'll,
I've been searching and searching for a very REAL sounding VST for piano. I know i have the option of going to a studio to record a REAL grand piano, but do any of you have the next best option?

What do you use to get a pure, warm acoustic piano sound in your midi?
The "Piano in 162" by Iy Audio is great for a freebie (full Kontakt, sfz), can't post links yet but google "Piano in 162" and you'll find it.
mbietenholz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #47
nth
Regular Freak
nth is currently spamming hard

+1 for Piano in Blue

But if you're looking for cinematic piano sound, check out Una Corda by Native Instruments. Basically Nils Frahm in VST. I think he even collaborated with NI on this one.
nth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #48
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24460

NI Piano Ultimate Grande ft. Bill Evans and critically acclaimed by this guy who composed things

Advertisements

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote