What are the benefits of using a MIDI keyboard? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 30-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #41
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: What are the benefits of using a MIDI keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmichael View Post
I would add that getting out of your comfort zone is important. For me , it meant NOT using a midi keyboard. Not being a virtuoso pianist, my finger's muscles were stuck in certain chord progressions. By forcing myself to write melodies with the mouse in the piano roll, I found I actually came up with new and exciting melodies. I was then able to go back to the keyboard and play more diverse notes having heard it. So if normally point and click then definitely get a keyboard!
Hmmm I'd never thought about this, but I do find myself writing a lot of things in the same key and maybe it is because my fingers are stuck in the same chords! Might try writing in some things with my mouse!

Advertisements

Luke_Nukem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #42
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
When you left the front door open and your neighbour sees that 'keyboard thing' sitting on your desk.
<-- Huge benefit
what if they just want to steal it ? @.@>

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #43
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610

more music friendly version of qwerty keyboard, legend says its a very useful thing (i never touched MIDI \ Synth in my life)

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #44
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 20560

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
what if they just want to steal it ? @.@>
They'll probably get real pissy because that damn thing doesn't even make sounds - useless piece of shit! 'Why's he keeping that on his table? For decoration? Stupid guy...Anyway lets put it on ebay'
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 AM   #45
sl9dge
Regular Freak
sl9dge will become famous soon enoughsl9dge will become famous soon enough
Paris
MC Status: 110

A lot ! That's an interesting question actually.
First of all, if I got into music in the first place, it's because I had ideas that make a song I actually want to listen. You know what I mean ? We all produce what we wanna hear, after all. So, why wouldn't we listen to our own stuff ?

+ I eventually spot lots of mistakes and re-work a lot of tunes. I have so few followers, I don't mind updating my songs several times by uploading new versions directly on my tracks' administration page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmichael View Post
I would add that getting out of your comfort zone is important. For me , it meant NOT using a midi keyboard. Not being a virtuoso pianist, my finger's muscles were stuck in certain chord progressions. By forcing myself to write melodies with the mouse in the piano roll, I found I actually came up with new and exciting melodies. I was then able to go back to the keyboard and play more diverse notes having heard it. So if normally point and click then definitely get a keyboard!
Very interesting story ! I need to plug that YAHAMA keyboard some day lol
sl9dge is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Babokon
Old 01-06-2016, 06:37 AM   #46
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217310
Thanked 4,346 Times in 3,224 Posts

I can't believe this thread has reached 3 pages, when all it really needed was one reply in the first place..maybe two at the most.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote