Looking for someone interested in making an ebm/Industrial concept projectct
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster
Jibbertha möben will become famous soon enoughJibbertha möben will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Looking for someone interested in making an ebm/Industrial concept projectct

H guys n gal's, I have a spoken word poetic novel that needs someone to make the music for the finished album, it has to be very edgy and dark, can anyone help or would know anyone that would
Be interested in such a project?

This is a link to my work

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Jibbertha möben is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 64210
Thanked 1,284 Times in 947 Posts
Re: Looking for someone interested in making an ebm/Industrial concept projectct

Wouldn’t the vocal rhythm have to be matched to the groove?
I’m thinking SITD or God Module. Personally, I find the nuclear Armageddon sujet a bit tired, albeit Funker Vogt seems to still harp on about a similar genre.
Dark and edgy can mean a lot of different things to different folks. Some acts go for a pretty tried and true industrial sound, then there are acts like Amduscia or Wynardtage that have a bit more distinct sound.
Do you also produce your own music?

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster
Jibbertha möben will become famous soon enoughJibbertha möben will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for someone interested in making an ebm/Industrial concept projectct

I'm sure that with a bit if slicing and dicing the vocals could be matched to click track but really all I want is something extremely experimental and that may include just messing around with the vocals(effects) and letting the music just run over under and around of it u wouldn't expect the vocals to match a Rhythm, but to my mind this just adds to the overall idea of the concept and my work isn't nuclear or post apocalyptic, but I understand what you meant, have you listened to the clips on my website?
In short I was never expecting the poetic novel to follow a groove as it's such a chaotic piece of work, I don't care what people do with the vocals, they have free reign to experiment with them too, all this in my mind adds to the challenges of the project, ,anyone up for it?

Old 02-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 9160

Have to agree with liquid-air on matching the vocals to the music. Now. I haven't had a proper listen to it as for some reason your website is very slow for me here. If you could upload it to soundcloud or something that makes it easier to listen through, and jump back and forth.

Also one hour and five minutes is a long time. What might be more manageable, would be to break it down into scenes of say 5 minutes each. Put the lyrics up for each scene, and let the artists interpret the lyrics to music in their own way. This would possible make it more interesting to more people, and may give a more interesting end result.

You're quite new here too, and asked for a collaboration on your first post pretty much. Get to know some people here too, as you build up a rapport with people, they'll be more inclined to think about collaborating. I also imagine that quite a few are concentrating on the net label 050 release at the moment.

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #5
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

Thanks for the tips, feel free to DL it and break it up into scenes , and that goes for anybody who would like to have a crack at this project
Thanks again friend
Maybe the vocals sound slow due to the slurred fx
Old 02-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

Sound cloud on the way
Old 02-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #7
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 64210
Thanked 1,284 Times in 947 Posts

Also, are you dead set on the vocal FX? I mean a distorted reverb demonic sound FX is so, well, “Dubstepey”.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #8
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

This was recorded in 1998, like the idea of being described as dead and demonic
SoundCloud is now up on my website

Old 02-06-2018, 05:22 PM   #9
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

Whoever uses my work can do what they like with my vocals
Old 02-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #10
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute

Will have a listen from soundcloud tomorrow after work. It's near midnight here now.

------------------
Old 02-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #11
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

Excellent
Old 03-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #12
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

Basically people can get experimental, the more so the better
Old 04-06-2018, 01:22 AM   #13
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist

Listened to about half last night. Can hear where certain parts start and stop. For backing the spoken word it might be a good idea to reach out to those people with modular setups, as a dark evolving drone-scape type affair would suit it without overpowering the lyrics. That said there is enough lyrical content for a fair amount of song style tracks, although they would need some lyrical rearranging, so there is a possibility to take 2 routes, which may be better from an audience standpoint.

------------------
Thanks to Dr. Sleaze
Jibbertha möben (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 02:03 AM   #14
Jibbertha möben
Granular Poster

Thanks for the good advice

Advertisements