[ Ambient ] Endless Plane - Cumulus
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
[ Ambient ] Endless Plane - Cumulus

Any thoughts on this would be well appreciated Thanks in advanced!

Advertisements

Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [ Ambient ] Endless Plane - Cumulus.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
Lorenzo
Minor Glitch
Lorenzo has a spectacular aura aboutLorenzo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Re: [ Ambient ] Endless Plane - Cumulus

I would suggest you to develop more the main melody, because in my opinion is more like a simple EDM pluck splashed into an ambient track. It starts good, but then it reveals to be a bit uninspired. You need a clear idea, at least for a track, then you're free to change style on every track... but single ones have to be clear. This is just my thought
Lorenzo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:27 AM   #3
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
I would suggest you to develop more the main melody, because in my opinion is more like a simple EDM pluck splashed into an ambient track. It starts good, but then it reveals to be a bit uninspired. You need a clear idea, at least for a track, then you're free to change style on every track... but single ones have to be clear. This is just my thought

Thanks for your thoughts, though I can't say I agree with you.

But then again, I experience music a bit differently than many others because of some synesthesia. For me, I feel that too direct of a melody would move it from impressionism to realism, and that's not what I was feeling for this track.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #4
Lorenzo
Minor Glitch
Lorenzo has a spectacular aura aboutLorenzo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Thanks for your thoughts, though I can't say I agree with you.

But then again, I experience music a bit differently than many others because of some synesthesia. For me, I feel that too direct of a melody would move it from impressionism to realism, and that's not what I was feeling for this track.
I understand, I didn't expect to let you change your own ideas. Everyone has to think on its own.
Not everyone can appreciate music distant from predictable schemes, so if I can't feel your track's mood many others will because we experience music with different brains and consequently different reactions.
Ok, I'm going OP, I stop there
Lorenzo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #5
Indigo
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
I understand, I didn't expect to let you change your own ideas. Everyone has to think on its own.
Not everyone can appreciate music distant from predictable schemes, so if I can't feel your track's mood many others will because we experience music with different brains and consequently different reactions.
Ok, I'm going OP, I stop there

It's good to see how other people receive things though. Thanks for listening and for sharing your thoughts

------------------
Old 17-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
Cardinal
IDMf's latest spammer
Cardinal will become famous soon enoughCardinal will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Hmm if you don't want too direct of a melody you could check out (from my lack of Ambient music knowledge) Rameses B. His song Moonlight has a bunch of different instruments and special effects playing different melodies so there's not really one melody to follow, but the more you listen to it, the more you can grasp and it starts to makes sense as a whole. Especially the chorus, where the lead synth is really drowned out and a melody isn't obvious if you don't pay attention to it.

Advertisements

Cardinal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote