[House] Goodluck- Chasing Dreams (Tristan Carmichael Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 31-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460
[House] Goodluck- Chasing Dreams (Tristan Carmichael Remix)

Hey fellow producers.

I'm busy working on a new remix on a track called 'Chasing Dreams'. Been really in a 'house' kind of mood so I went for a chilled laid back approach. It kinda goes with the lyrics in a good way which is cool.

Anyways, would love some feedback on production and mix if possible? I haven't mastered yet. The only thing I've taken from the original is the vocal so I'm quite flexible

chow

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House] Goodluck- Chasing Dreams (Tristan Carmichael Remix).
Old 12-06-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 28360
Re: [House] Goodluck- Chasing Dreams (Tristan Carmichael Remix)

You obviously know what you're doing, so I'm gonna skip all the technical stuff (which I heard nothing wrong with) and say that I thought the lead that comes in at 1:05 needed to open up a bit more IMO. Just a little higher on the filter and maybe some unison would put it where I wanted it.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #3
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
You obviously know what you're doing, so I'm gonna skip all the technical stuff (which I heard nothing wrong with) and say that I thought the lead that comes in at 1:05 needed to open up a bit more IMO. Just a little higher on the filter and maybe some unison would put it where I wanted it.
Thanks for the feedback. I've made quite a few changes to the groove actually and will look at that synth you mentioned. It's alot more afro house now. Will send an update hopefully later this week

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51238106

It's not far from industrial standard - musically not bad but also not particularly attractive.
Technically I find the snare too snappy. Musically it's somewhat too shallow and generic for my taste. The tootling of the melodies feels noncommittal.
Still a lot of hobby producers would wish to get (at least) to this level one day, I guess.

Advertisements

------------------
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote