[prog trance] JayMSay - Breezia
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 26-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2460
[prog trance] JayMSay - Breezia

Not been here for a while got a full time job, kinda stopped making music..This is more of a first draft I guess still bits can be done and better mix but keen to get feedback on my new song many thanks. (I need better synths to!!)

-Maybe should sidechain main chords as well?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Best Using headphones for full pan effect

Last edited by JayMSay; 26-05-2018 at 03:10 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
JayMSay is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [prog trance] JayMSay - Breezia.
Old 30-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
DeanWarren
IDMf's latest spammer
DeanWarren is currently spamming hard
Norwich
MC Status: 10
Re: [prog trance] JayMSay - Breezia

Yes sidechaining those chords to the kick may help to add some movement, or making use of lfo tool or something similar. the percussion could be more interesting, i thought the rides were abit ..surprising. mix needs work also keep at it
DeanWarren is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt
JayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond reputeJayMSay has a reputation beyond repute

thanks man what LFO tool do/mean?

The rides where bad?

How about the tune itself not the production? The progressions/Breakdowns and verse etc?

Many thanks!!

------------------
Old 30-05-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 4210

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMSay View Post
thanks man what LFO tool do/mean?

The rides where bad?

How about the tune itself not the production? The progressions/Breakdowns and verse etc?

Many thanks!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I think he is talking about this

------------------
Bergnermd is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergnermd View Post
I see, so much to learn..

------------------
Old 31-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

Not my quite my genre but I do like the production. I definitely agree on the side chain. Rides for me were a cool feature but a tad bit loud. I know its just a draft mix for now. Also, on the breakdown, I felt it was a little too soft. But again, its probably a mix thing.

Nice work!

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #7
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Not my quite my genre but I do like the production. I definitely agree on the side chain. Rides for me were a cool feature but a tad bit loud. I know its just a draft mix for now. Also, on the breakdown, I felt it was a little too soft. But again, its probably a mix thing.

Nice work!
thanks man! yeh I can turn them down and add side chain. Ill post back remix, the volume is less than half at breakdown so that needs fixed to ye

------------------
Old 03-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #8
HalfTrek
Granular Poster
HalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant futureHalfTrek has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1710

Had a quick listen, but too tired for a lot off comments..so just some first impressions

You asked about progressions:

Thing that jumps out for me is that almost the entire song feels like the second half of a song. You know like it builds up from something, but that something is missing. The chords they reach up but from where? Maybe just start with the beat and that bass sound. Then some basic chords and other sounds. And after that the building up parts (which now are the start of the song).

Another thing is prog trance for me is Sasha/Digweed/Global Underground series. Don't know if you are going for this or not but if you are it could be a bit more subtle. Those snares really aren't subtle. If you are not going for that sound, then just ignore this comment
HalfTrek is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #9
JayMSay
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfTrek View Post
Had a quick listen, but too tired for a lot off comments..so just some first impressions

You asked about progressions:

Thing that jumps out for me is that almost the entire song feels like the second half of a song. You know like it builds up from something, but that something is missing. The chords they reach up but from where? Maybe just start with the beat and that bass sound. Then some basic chords and other sounds. And after that the building up parts (which now are the start of the song).

Another thing is prog trance for me is Sasha/Digweed/Global Underground series. Don't know if you are going for this or not but if you are it could be a bit more subtle. Those snares really aren't subtle. If you are not going for that sound, then just ignore this comment
thanks this was a change for me as if you look at my other songs from before I always build up with beat, bass, chord hits etc before the full song, I just felt like starting this one like this but maybe it didn't work so well.

Thanks for feedback, off course many artists in prog trance, I like arty, deadmau5 etc..and would also consider them prog trance for some songs but I guess that's open to debate.

Also I suppose with the loud precusion not so much prog trance more like trance/electro..

------------------
Old 05-06-2018, 12:47 AM   #10
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

This has a lot of potential, already has some great elements. Some more work on the low end and kick as mentioned above and you will be on your way

Advertisements

------------------
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote