[Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - Jam!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1560
[Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - Jam!

Hey all, how's everything going?

Mixtape is taking forever, but worth it to get it right, this is track four of said mixtape. . .Hope you like it?

Peace

Richie.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - Jam!.
Old 20-05-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
jakedrexler
Regular Freak
jakedrexler is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - Jam!

HEY! Just checked out the song I'll critique what I can to help!

First thing I noticed off the bat was there are too much sub frequencies. Typically I'll but a brickwall hipass on my master cutting out 45-50hz and below. It helps give you more headroom. The trumpet sample 1:12 that begins is probably my favorite part of the song. It adds a lot of tension and gives it some more color and uniqueness. The five, four, three, two, one sample can get a little annoying as well as some of the other vocal samples.

Kick sounds great but I think it could use some higher frequencies to help it cut through on crappy speakers like an iphone speaker. (Not joking if the mix sounds good on an iphone speaker it'll sound good on everything and check your mix on EVERYTHING! Car, bluetooth speakers, studio monitors, studio headphones, earbuds, etc.)

Another thing I noticed is there is a bit too much bass frequencies in the left and right channel. I usually put a mid and side eq and cut out frequencies on the side from about 200hz and below.

Snare cuts through nicely and matches the aesthetic as well as having an interesting rhythmic pattern to it. Tbh most of the drum programming is pretty compelling.

So overall get more stuff to cut through the mix and fix some of the vocal sampling.

xoxo Jacob Drexler

jakedrexler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant futureRichard Travers has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1560
Re: [Breakbeat] Signal Jacker - Jam!

Oh thanks, I've updated the mix.

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote