[Garage] Chaotix - Broken
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-05-2018, 02:54 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 753500
[Garage] Chaotix - Broken

So this is just kind of a project we half finished, we didn't really like the mix on what we did so we weren't going to put this out. but we decided to just put out what we have and forget about it. Here's to moving on to other tracks haha.

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Garage] Chaotix - Broken.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
mail1234
Master of the LFO
mail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MCmail1234 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1513190
Re: [Garage] Chaotix - Broken

Very nice! Reminds me very much of massive attack, which is certainly not a bad thing

Mix wise, I'd say the kick sounds a bit too flabby to me. I'd remove some of the mid range on it, but otherwise the mix sounds fine!

------------------
mail1234 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:03 AM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail1234 View Post
Very nice! Reminds me very much of massive attack, which is certainly not a bad thing

Mix wise, I'd say the kick sounds a bit too flabby to me. I'd remove some of the mid range on it, but otherwise the mix sounds fine!
Yeah i feel that. I'll go back in and play around with it a bit.

------------------
Old 11-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

I really like the groove and the vibe on this one. Sounds good on my end

------------------
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #5
HalfTrek
Analog Lurker
HalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond reputeHalfTrek has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2060

Had a few listens. What can i say, track sounds great, good production (also pleasantly surprised that is was not some garage rock haha).
I really like the intro, builds tension and has great sounds and then when the beat kicks in with that humming bass underneath, it really makes my think of chilling on a field in the sun somewhere

Things i noticed:
- her voice is competing with the guitar part after 1:05 especially from 1:22 when she is actually singing lyrics I can barely make out what the words are. Although it gets better with repeated listens, probably because I already know parts of the lyrics now.

- The track starts out with a 2-step garage beat and a chill vibe. Then it morphs in to some contemporary house track after the percussion break (With that arpeggio coming in and the beat changing). And then changes again to a dub-steppy beat, around 2:55.

That dub-steppy part is really cool and well done. And the different styles work well imho, but I do feel that personally I would have liked for it to return to
the garage vibes. Like around 2:20 when the arpeggio comes in you could have brought that beat back and kept it 2-step in stead of making a mash up festival banger
But this is just a matter of personal taste.

- Lastly, not feeling the last 20 seconds personally. Feels like yet another style change and a build up of sorts with the background bass sound. I would just cut those and make a breakdown outro from the vocal and background sounds.

But overall a really cool track with great production!
cheers
HalfTrek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 06:13 AM   #6
noize99
IDMf's latest spammer
noize99 is currently spamming hard
Houston, TX Area
MC Status: 10

Very nice! One of the best songs I've heard in the past few days in its own ways. :}
noize99 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 02:53 AM   #7
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I always enjoy the music of yours that I hear on here with your interesting, emotive sounds. Kick felt a few db too loud, a few elements felt too loud, and there feels like some muddiness in the mids. Add some subtractive eq? Besides that, I really like the variance of ideas in the track

Cool part at 3 mins! That and that flute-like thing around :23 are my favorite parts of the track.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 12:14 PM   #8
CustardSquare
Regular Freak
CustardSquare is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I dig this one overall, however it sounds a tad claustrophobic, maybe go a bit mental on the eq of each sound?
CustardSquare is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:36 PM   #9
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardSquare View Post
I dig this one overall, however it sounds a tad claustrophobic, maybe go a bit mental on the eq of each sound?
Yeah bro. The mixing on this one was actually super tough since we had a bunch of stuff going on and a lot of stuff fighting with one another. Definitely one of the harder tracks I've had to mix.

Advertisements

------------------