[progressive house] Pkreegi - Cats in Orbit
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1560
[progressive house] Pkreegi - Cats in Orbit

Hey there again...

I've been getting so much negative feedback on this particular track. The truth is, it got inspiration from some quite unpopular artists, who I find very talented... So it carrys Superpitcher's touch, some sort of, but...

Tell me, is it really that bad ? I'm not fishing for compliments, but rather would like to know the psychological effect that producers have on their own tracks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [progressive house] Pkreegi - Cats in Orbit.
Old 20-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
Dokan
Analog Lurker
Dokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant future
Hamburg
MC Status: 1860
Re: [progressive house] Pkreegi - Cats in Orbit

without giving a in-depth review/feedback... i did not dislike the track, if i would have, for example, stumbled over it in a spotify playlist ... i would not skip it (like with many house tracks wich are awful) ... but to be honest, i would not ad it to my "favorite tracks" playlist...

but i like the mood of the track, and some of these stabs are fun.. and in my ears it sounds well mixed and not bad taste like for example overly aggressive or corny
Dokan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 01:26 AM   #3
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

I can appreciate why you are concerned and with a statement that you are getting negative reception, I hope you are getting some critical feedback too.

Overall, its not bad imo. If you are looking for areas of improvement, it starts a bit weak, long progression and the main melody has an off-putting effect and doesn't variated enough.

Other than that, I thought it was pretty good lol
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:25 AM   #4
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future

So maybe if I rearranged the whole thing with faster progression, NakedOperator still wouldn't skip it and JKillz would not find it as.... boring.. ? I'm also trying to get some guitar samples to lay them over there
Old 21-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #5
Dokan
Analog Lurker
Dokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant futureDokan has a brilliant future
Hamburg

maybe...
looking forward to listen to it...
Old 21-02-2018, 11:15 PM   #6
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

I like the title What a coincidence, today I've made a track about cats too!!! I would add some beat build before 1.27 - because this kick is a huge awakening for ears. I really like beginning - it is very relaxing. Maybe this kick is also too heavy for this kind of atmosphere? I would use something lighter. But in general, I think is good but would be better with this glitchy, minimal kick.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #7
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Thanks a lot. I'll force myself to not work with this track for the time I get the guitar samples. Maybe then I can get a fresh restart Love you guys
Old 22-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #8
Dokan
Analog Lurker
Hamburg

by the way, was this website [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
inspiring you for the track title?
Old 22-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #9
Iyashi Sound
Master of the LFO
Iyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MCIyashi Sound is a savage MC
MC Status: 21660

I like it.

The mood reminds me of Berlin.

Do you know Paul Kalbrenner's Soundtrack for "Berlin Calling"?

To enhance the sombre city mood, I'd probably try using big/long reverbs in the background (like for ambient music), and perhaps also consider adding some subtle "city noise" field recordings to the mix, - like rain and cars passing by for example. In both cases it would of course be important to limit/cut the bass frequencies to avoid excessive "muddiness" and rumbling.
Iyashi Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #10
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedOperator View Post
by the way, was this website [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
inspiring you for the track title?
I knew nothing of this page, but its funny such stuff actually exists

Iyashi, I do know this track and this artist, and he does really have his tracks built on the same theory as I built this one, I guess. Also, the rain idea is actually kinda good the give the right mood. Will try out... when the guitar samples come lol. I might take me forever to get these
Old 28-02-2018, 05:03 AM   #11
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492558

Firstly, sick song name haha

Secondly, I thought the intro is pretty cool and the melodic elements worked well. The delay on the piano is nice. Really enjoyed the pedal note on the drop and the bass sound is really cute. The added guitary sound at 2:30 is really special actually. Reminds me of a amon tobin type sound. Very cool. How did you make that?

Finally, I really enjoy the tune. Hard for to comment anything really constructive which is a good sign. Nice 1.

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #12
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio Tainted View Post
Firstly, sick song name haha

Secondly, I thought the intro is pretty cool and the melodic elements worked well. The delay on the piano is nice. Really enjoyed the pedal note on the drop and the bass sound is really cute. The added guitary sound at 2:30 is really special actually. Reminds me of a amon tobin type sound. Very cool. How did you make that?

Finally, I really enjoy the tune. Hard for to comment anything really constructive which is a good sign. Nice 1.
I don't use presets for any of the synths I use, but this guitar thingy is one of the Ableton's factory presets that I modulated a bit

Thanks man, it encourages me to play my music to anyone else other than me and you guys on this forum as well.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
leegendmusic
Minor Glitch
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

not bad at all i like the pianos used in this
leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #14
samv
Regular Freak
samv is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

This track has some nice ideas but i think you are trying to overcomplicate things.. For example the intro is too long and a bit boring. Work around a main melody and add maybe 1-2 synth layers with some variation. Less is more. Personally i would turn this in a repetitive melodic minimal track, like tracks from Popof or Paul Kalkbrenner( as already mentioned).

Like i said the ideas and the potential are there. Keep it up man
samv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #15
thefica
IDMf's latest spammer
thefica is currently spamming hard

I like the main melodic idea and the way the piano is mixed in with the synths but overall I feel the track would benefit from more 'energy'. Also the Kick drum to me sounds like someone bouncing a tennis ball on the floor, it's too clicky and high end, I would get some more low end in there. Some nice ideas and production though, keep working on it...
thefica is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:11 AM   #16
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

For me, the track significantly improved once your brought in the percussion. I wasn't really that enthused with the intro, which I feel could have been shorter, and I wish you hadn't pulled the kick/groove away so quickly when we first hear it. The whole mix felt better produced with the rest of the elements, and it felt thin without it.

I did like the themes and the piano elements.

Since, you have a space themed track, would be cool to have more stereo floaty long atmospheric sounds?

And this wasn't supposed to be a negative comment or whatever, but my first reactions to the track. Maybe after rearranging, people would receive it differently? (Or that could possibly just be my opinion/experience with listening?)

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:47 AM   #17
jakedrexler
Regular Freak
jakedrexler is currently spamming hard

The synths pad right in the beginning sound really cheap, and have WAY too much delay on them. I know you wanted it to be big and spacey but it's just too much. The entire intro itself is wayyyyy to long. Most listeners aren't gonna wait that long for a changeup that occurs at 1:28. BUT, when the song DOES get to 1:28 it improves a million times and has a very nice groove to it. I think there could be more embellishments, and one shots/subtle switch ups just to keep the listener on their toes. Impact is also lacking on this song. Nothing hits me HARD. It just sounds like background music and isn't really happy or sad. (But is dancable)

The song is almost there it just needs a bit more work!
jakedrexler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 01:30 AM   #18
Coppacabanixx
IDMf's latest spammer
Coppacabanixx is currently spamming hard
Rio

NICE STUFF!!! SO ORIGINAL
Coppacabanixx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:28 AM   #19
jasmeen123
IDMf's latest spammer
jasmeen123 is currently spamming hard

hii,
which song ,there is nothing stuff in this page .
jasmeen123 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #20
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

For me the melody was not catchy on the ear. It's hard to explain exactly what it is though. Could be just too dissonant for my liking. Like I can't sing or hum the melody in my ear.
It's certainly very creative and I love the sounds you used. I'm all for left of centre approach. Possibly, because its very drawn out in some sections, my ears or mind lose momentum in the track.

Thanks for sharing.

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote