advice on a mixer
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
bushofghosts
Master of the LFO
bushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MC
MC Status: 872028
advice on a mixer

I have decided to jump into the world of hardware and will probably be getting a hardware synth and am going to be wanting to rout the synth as well as soft synths from my computer out into 4 tracks, amps and other devices to colour the sound. So I am going to need a good mixer.
The model I looked at today was the mackie 1202 vlz3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Do you think that this is a good choice? Are there any other recommendations perhaps? I know the store I go to can order in mackie, soundcraft, allen & heath and Toft.....

Any input is welcome as always.

Advertisements

bushofghosts is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
rodan
Soundwave Mangler
rodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MC
Salt Lake City, UT
MC Status: 13442
Re: advice on a mixer

That seems like a good option. When I decided to hook up my hardware to my computer finally I purchased a cheap behringer Xenyx 1002b and it worked pretty well. Eventually it started to get annoying to record from that and I switched to an onyx blackbird sound card. I found it to be a lot easier to interface with my DAWS using the blackbirds soundcard inputs rather then using the mixer. So you may want to look into one of those if you have enough money as well.
rodan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
bushofghosts
Master of the LFO
bushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MCbushofghosts is a savage MC
MC Status: 872028

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan View Post
That seems like a good option. When I decided to hook up my hardware to my computer finally I purchased a cheap behringer Xenyx 1002b and it worked pretty well. Eventually it started to get annoying to record from that and I switched to an onyx blackbird sound card. I found it to be a lot easier to interface with my DAWS using the blackbirds soundcard inputs rather then using the mixer. So you may want to look into one of those if you have enough money as well.
Yea but how many inputs does it have?

I want to have enough for at leas a couple hardware synths which may be ran through outside effects. I also want o be running stuff into a 4 track tape recorder and into guitar amps and recorded back in...
bushofghosts is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
rodan
Soundwave Mangler
rodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MCrodan is a savage MC
Salt Lake City, UT
MC Status: 13442

Well mine has 8 inputs. which is equal to 4 stereo inputs. I have my gaia, an200, electrix warpfactor vocoder, and mic all plugged in currently.

It also has three outputs which is sweet. I have my djing monitors hooked in, my production monitors, and one output goes to my vocoder.

So if you only need 4stereo/8mono it's pretty good.

You can also hook in a second unit if you ever need to expand so you get double the inputs.

Last edited by rodan; 05-11-2011 at 04:41 AM..

Advertisements

rodan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote